Well That Didn't Go Well

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Fire Department said they was coming 1:00 yesterday. My wife came home early said if they weren't here we was going to lite it up.

They didn't show so we started on it. Everything was going good, I started the back side burning was raking the Line better staying ahead of the fire. Was almost on the last stretch.

I fell down a ditch, my arm was on my back behind my head :shock:
clear.png
and I was in BAD pain. Hollered for my wife, told her I thought I had broke my arm. She got First Responders, they got Ambulance.

Ok how are we going to get him out? Decided to get a neighbors Flatbed Truck down there and cut fence. With much cussing they got my arm to the side. With a bunch of work got me on the Back Board, on the Truck.

Get me to the Ambulance, they give me a shot for pain
clear.png
nothing, two more shots, nothing. Is he on Opioids? Yes. Well give him another shot but we don't think it will do any good.

They get me to the ER, Doctor says that is the very worse way for your arm to be, I'm scared to knock you out because of all the Meds you've already had, so I'm going to try to straighten it out. He tried but couldn't. So decided to knock me out. Put a sheet around me for the Nurses to hold me, tied another sheet to my arm and had it around the Doctor to pull it. They knocked me out, woke up with my arm in a Sling. Didn't break it but did dislocate it.

Got to see a Surgeon, figure I will be one armed and worthless for months.

oneshot

Hope it is healed before Archery Season in September. If not be my third year not Deer Hunting.

I can’t load even a small Deer in my Pickup anymore so I need a Winch. Can’t set on the ground so set on a stool.

From what I understand this is worse than a break because so much muscle is messed up.

oneshot

Went to a Surgeon and she said it was the worst dislocation she had ever seen but it all went back clean so hopefully it is just a matter of healing.

Shoulder is all black and blue.

She said put ice on it and let it hang down for awhile each day.

oneshot

wow! that did not go well at all! I can only image the pain of having a dislocated arm. I sometimes pop my hips out when i sit down and i know how that feels and how you can freak out over getting it back in place. :shock:

Sorry that you had such a bad injury. I hope you have as quick a recovery as possible.
Ron

Latest posts

Back