Great morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No I didn't shoot a deer nor did I even see one. But it was a nice 35* with zero wind and a fresh blanket of snow. As I walked to my stand in the predawn light there were tracks everywhere and patches of snow pawed up. Just before the sun came up over the treetops I saw my first movement. A fat little gray squirrel. Soon the area around my stand was surrounded by the tree rats! I counted 4 different ones at one point. Including one with a half a tail. Just wondering if it was the same half tailed one that was running around down by the house about 3/4 mile from this stand?! I haven't seen him in a while. About an hour later I caught some more movement and a lone hen turkey came up past me. Not feeding, scratching or anything. Just taking a slow walk through the woods. She was constantly talking to herself, leaving out little putts/clucks.
I would have loved to stay but I had to go back to the house and get my wife up for her doctor's appt later this morning.

Latest posts

Back