Update on losing hunting territory!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I am very happy to announce that I just got back from meeting a man that bought 40 of the 100 acres I lost rights to. He is very nice and loves to talk. He gave me the lease (basically lifetime hunting rights) for a great deal. I only have to pay his land taxes. Counting the 45 acres right next to me (my neighbor) and all the other 105 acres, around 140 total, I get to hunt it (with river access and upcoming pond) for $750 bucks a year. I can definitely swing that with my dad and nephew. I am so glad because this track has the river road access and is prime hunting land. I can roll down my ramp, transfer on my ATV and be in either of my hunting spots within an hour (if I am not driving in really quietly) and a couple other spots within minutes. My dad sure hit the gold mine 37 years ago when he bought this 5.8 acres. A man couldn't be more happier.
I am glad I took some of you guys advice and just go talk to people. Thank yaw so much. I feel like the richest man on this planet! Oh yea, he said he had plans to dig a 2 acre pond, stock it with bass, crappie, and blue gill and that I could fish it all I wanted as long as I catch and release. He said after some years go by, that we could start keeping bass that are 8 pounds or more to allow the numbers to flourish.
Man I am one happy man!

I am very happy to announce that I just got back from meeting a man that bought 40 of the 100 acres I lost rights to. He is very nice and loves to talk. He gave me the lease (basically lifetime hunting rights) for a great deal. I only have to pay his land taxes. Counting the 45 acres right next to me (my neighbor) and all the other 105 acres, around 140 total, I get to hunt it (with river access and upcoming pond) for $750 bucks a year. I can definitely swing that with my dad and nephew. I am so glad because this track has the river road access and is prime hunting land. I can roll down my ramp, transfer on my ATV and be in either of my hunting spots within an hour (if I am not driving in really quietly) and a couple other spots within minutes. My dad sure hit the gold mine 37 years ago when he bought this 5.8 acres. A man couldn't be more happier.
I am glad I took some of you guys advice and just go talk to people. Thank yaw so much. I feel like the richest man on this planet! Oh yea, he said he had plans to dig a 2 acre pond, stock it with bass, crappie, and blue gill and that I could fish it all I wanted as long as I catch and release. He said after some years go by, that we could start keeping bass that are 8 pounds or more to allow the numbers to flourish.
Man I am one happy man!
James judgeing by all the likes you got id say we"re happy for ya too !!!

Back