Traditions Pursuit XLT Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDX

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking to get into muzzleloading and was thinking of buying one of these rifles. Has anyone had any experience with this model or the Traditions brand in general? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Apparently I'm not too smart because I originally posted this in the wrong forum. :oops:

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/newsdetail6.asp

KDX

First off I would Like to wecome you to the Forum.

Here is mt THOUGHTs

Traditions makes a fairly good gun I own a Well my daughter now owns a traditions TRACKER 209 and it is a good shooting gun, BUT BUT for the price of the Pursuit XLT or the Pur. XLT EXTREME you can get alot better gun for the same price or even cheeper.

I have bought 2 Knights in the past 2 months My Disc Extreme I gave $349.00 for and my KRB7 i got 2 weeks ago i payed $ 282.00 for it.

AND I will tell you they shoot AWSOME!!!!

I have a TC omega and it is a good shooter BUT I will never own another gun that has the QLA or the PAS system ever again. I would sell the omega but my son uses it so I mite get in troubble if I did.

And as far as the Knoxx System you don't need it , becouse ML don't kick that bad I don't think anyways.

RON G.

Unsafe Mussle loaders??? You Decide

Personally I would stay away from Traditions. Or, for the matter, CVA , BPI, and Windchester ML's. They all have Spanish barrels. The Spanish barrels are made of a softer material. When they are shipped to the USA there is no additional testing of these guns. They just hit the market and the consumer ASSUMES he/she is buying a SAFE gun. These barrels are only tested to 10,000 PSI. Any ML with 150gr of powder and a 250gr bullet will produce well over 20,000 PSI. There have been many articles written on this. There are also various law suits against these companies for injuries when the barrels blow up.
Here's a link you can read on this and make up you own mind.

I would stick with one of the better USA made guns rated as a MAGNUM if you want to shoot 150 gr of powder.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/unsafe_muzzleloaders.htm

Hope this helps.

EZ

:(

Welcome to the forum...

Personally I like other rifles much better. I would look at a Knight Rolling Block at Natchez if I wanted a new inline rifle.

As for the Spanish barrel issue.. well you can take it anyway you like. Some people will not purchase a rifle with a Spanish barrel and others just don't seem to care. I own a couple and they all shoot good. I use them with reasonable charges and so far they have shot flawless.

If the Pursit is what you like.. purchase what you want. But since that is the top of the line rifle I think there are better rifles out there for the same kind of money. Just my opinion.

I've got a Pursuit XLT, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it seems like a darn nice rifle. I have the thumbhole stock and its nice and comfy. Just got done giving it a good cleaning to get the factory oils out of the barrel and such. Now I just need a chance to get the range!

X-Ravin said:
I've got a Pursuit XLT, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it seems like a darn nice rifle. I have the thumbhole stock and its nice and comfy. Just got done giving it a good cleaning to get the factory oils out of the barrel and such. Now I just need a chance to get the range!

BE CAREFUL WITH THAT GUN IF YOUR SHOOTING MAXIMUM LOADS
OF 150 GR. That gun is NOT rated for 150gr.! See above post.

I wasn't planning on using much bigger than 100gr loads. Is the rifle not rated for 150, or hasn't been able to handle 150, because it is rated for 150gr loads (130 of 777) according to the site and manual.

if u respect the maximum load and don't go over you will not have a problem [ 2 x T7 PELLETS ] i had 2 TRADITIONS and both were good shooters ..but i found the trigger pull was just horrible ..i finally sold all and upgrated to a T/C ENCORE ...

A few years back I had a traditions and it shot well with 2 50 grain pyrodex pellets. Later I used 777 with the same load with good results. I too found the trigger very heavy. Took it to my gunsmith who tuned it up and set it for about 3 - 4 lbs. That might be an option for you.

lungbuster1 said:
I have a TC omega and it is a good shooter BUT I will never own another gun that has the QLA or the PAS system ever again. I would sell the omega but my son uses it so I mite get in troubble if I did.

don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the "QLA" and "PAS" system? if this is a no-brainer question...sorry...

dal

dal61 said:
lungbuster1 said:

don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the "QLA" and "PAS" system? if this is a no-brainer question...sorry...

dal

On certain guns, like the omega, the end of the muzzle (about 1 inch, I never measured) doesn't have riffeling. That makes it easy for starting the bullet but seems to have a negative effect on accuracy.

thanks cajun i thought thats what it was but wasnt sure

Latest posts

Back