Traditional shoot that allows peep sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
Anybody know of a traditional shoot in the near future that allows the use of a peep sight like the lyman 57 or a tang sight like the vernier creedmore type sight?
I was going to go to Indiana end of july but they only allow open iron sights. I tried both buckhorn style and a v notch sight yesterday and spent several hours trying to use them again but it just isn't possible. My eyes are not good enough. I couldnt shoot with any accuracy at all past 50 yards.
so not really wanting to go if I can't hit anything :)
But I want to go to ONE event this summer if anybody hears of anything happening , let me know.
i would prefer to use either my Volunteer with vernier tand sight ( first choice) or my GPR with lyman 57 rear sight. ( second choice)

i am not opposed to an inline match but don't want to really shoot in a match where it is mostly customs, even though I have several myself.
looking for more of a friendly type shoot not the intense competition type atmosphere.
Anytime in june, July August or September at latest.
thanks

Friendship has a Match for your Volunteer, using vernier sights 500 yd. Creedmore for traditional Rifles, by the way this Match is a re entry, shoot as many times as you want , high score for week wins

Friendship has a Match for your Volunteer, using vernier sights 500 yd. Creedmore for traditional Rifles, by the way this Match is a re entry, shoot as many times as you want , high score for week wins
That is at Nationals in Sept. I assume.

Back