Took the 700 out.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the 700 I have for sale in the classifieds. I though I'd take it out just to show how it shoots and to try some new bullets I bought. I had put a Cabela's 2-7X scope on it and shot known good shooting Barnes 290 gr TEZs first at 50 Yds then shot the 350 gr Federal Borelocks. (these are the ones I bought a few months back on sale as they were seconds - loose tips) I was actually surprised the Federals shot better than the Barnes at 50 yards. As my buddy moved the target out to 100 yards I swabbed the bore and made a sight adjustment and fired 3 more shots. Easily MOA accuracy. I made a final sight adjustment and fired one more shot. I knew I pulled it just a bit so I called it good at 100 yds. As I swabbed the bore again my buddy brought the target back to 50 yds and I fired 2 more to see where my POI would be. Not to bad, 1" high at 100 and 2 1/2" high at 50. For my hunting I'm set out to about 150 yards which is more than I need. The 350 Borelock should knock the snot out of any deer or black bear. Looking at the target here at home I think I need to go about 3 more clicks right to be perfect. After this outing I'm second guessing selling it.
One observation - at 50 yards shooting the lighter Barnes with BH209 and the heavier Federal with Black MZ, both 100 gr by volume, the BH209 recoiled noticeably more. (In fact the recoil popped my new false teeth loose from the Fixident.....LOL)

BoreLock bullets.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back