Help me decide on new muzzy!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prostreetcamaro

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new muzzleloader. I currently have an older Knight Bighorn that I messed up big time and didnt clean it like I thought I did. Well needless to say the barrel is all pitted up. It is my own fault but I could have swore I cleaned it right along with my fathers sidekick last winter. I cleaned his but im not sure why I didnt clean mine. Lesson learned. At 60 yards the gun will now not shoot any better than 3 to 4" groups at 60 yards.

Anyway I have always been a big knight fan so I was looking at the Extreme and the rolling block. Of those 2 which one would you guys suggest and why? I am looking to spend no more than $400 max and would prefer less than that because I am getting married soon and need all the money I can save.

Also I am open to any other muzzy if it performs good so if you have suggestions for another brand or model feel free to fill me in.

prostreetcamaro said:
to spend no more than $400 max and would prefer less than that because I am getting married soon and need all the money I can save."

Spend the money while you can! after your married it gets alot harder to spend that kind of money! your wife will find "better"was to spend $400.

i shoot an omega and can't ask for anything better, accurate, reliable, easy to clean and you can find a blue/black omega for $279

From Jeff at Knight:
"This is our latest info.
The new KP1 will start to ship out the last week of October, out to the
distributors and places like Cabela's and Bass Pro. Sorry for the delay
in shipping.

They have started sending them out to the Reps though, as of last week."

received email this morning

prostreetcamaro:

I would agree with 03mossy spend it while you can once you get married it is all over. :nono:

I just perchesed a Knight Disc Extreme xt about 3 weeks ago and couldn't be more happy , This gun Shoots great my load is 110gr 777 with a win. 777 primer and a knight/barns 250 & 290gr spitfire TMZ with knight E-Z load sabot.
Both bollets shoot almost the same I can cover a 3 shot group at 100yds with a silver dollor it is amazing. But there is so many bullets thet shoot good out of this gun like 85-90gr of 777 with the HORNADY 300gr XTP - 300gr GOLD DOT - 250gr SHOCKWAVE and on and on I chose the barns becouse I love how they expand and the weight retention they keep.

But if you stay with a KNIGHT you can't go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MY OPP.

Thanks for the info guys. The KP1 looks liek an awsome rifle. I would go that route if I didnt already have a ton of rifles. My savage 7mm rem mag is a sweet shooter and powerfulllllllll.

Anyway what do you guys think of this gun right here.

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=KRB707C

Looks like a good price for a SS/Composite knight? Anybody having any luck with this gun? Is it easy to clean?

How about this extreme?

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=DE706C

Of those 2 which would you guys rather have if it were you?

You could sell the "Camaro" and buy several rifles. When the baby comes you will have to trade it in for a "mini-van" so buy several rifles while you can. :p :p

choc-dog said:
You could sell the "Camaro" and buy several rifles. When the baby comes you will have to trade it in for a "mini-van" so buy several rifles while you can. :p :p

Hey there fellow marylander! What part are you in?

We are going to do a prenup so everything will be straight before we ever get married! I have 2 camaros. The 99 SS is my daily driver and the other is my streed rod. Its a 76 thats tubbed, 383 stroker the whole 9 yards.

Both rifle look great but what can you say they are KNIGHTS :yeah:

eather gun will do a fine job for you! :yeah:

Best thing you can do is look at both guns in person at a local shot and see which one feels the best to you.
:think:

lungbuster1 said:
Both rifle look great but what can you say they are KNIGHTS :yeah:

eather gun will do a fine job for you! :yeah:

Best thing you can do is look at both guns in person at a local shot and see which one feels the best to you.
:think:

Yeah I figured being knights they would both be great. I really like the look of the Extreme. Looks like a high powered rifle to me. Then again I really like the look of the rolling block too. Very classic looking design. Sad thing is we have no dealers that carry these guns around me.

I just went shopping for a new ML too. I ended up with a Knight DISC Elite, similar to the Extreme. I looked at the KRB but just did not care for the hammer at all. That folding thing would have to go if I bought one. I was holding out for the KP1 but it's getting too close to season to mess around.

Critter said:
I just went shopping for a new ML too. I ended up with a Knight DISC Elite, similar to the Extreme. I looked at the KRB but just did not care for the hammer at all. That folding thing would have to go if I bought one. I was holding out for the KP1 but it's getting too close to season to mess around.

Where did you find a .50 cal elite? I assume thats what you bought? Thats what I really want but have been unable to find one eny where.

I got the KRB and I think it is just great. Of course I have already spent the money. Seriously I think I like it better than my Omega. The trigger is not adjustable but is quite nice as received.

Check Sportsman's Guide

My new Disc Extreme should be here tonight.. UPS... ordered it from Sportsman's Guide.. total for a SS composite shipped was $309.. will prolly be shooting her tomorrow.. range report to follow.. Les

OMEGA! :) i got me a new one this year and i love it... i still need to post the picture of my trip at the range 100yards 3 bullets cutting same holes :) im hooked 250 shockwave 100gr loose 777

it is a great deal

check closer and you will see that all they have it in is 45cal

If it is a .45 caliber you want.. check the classified add on this site. Patrick has a Knight .45 caliber stainless, fluted, thumbhole stock, and extras for $200.00. I have no need for a .45 but if I wanted to shoot long range at deer, pronghorn, goats, etc.. that would be an excellent choice. I am sure if Patrick owned it, it had to be a great shooting rifle.

I'd personally go that route... but that is just my opinion.

Prostreetcamaro,

Before you jump on a rifle ..you should know that T/C "owns" the state of Maryland. We should re-name the state Encoreland. :eek:

We sent all the "Knights" back to England. :applause:

Choc-dog

prostreetcamaro said:
Critter said:

Where did you find a .50 cal elite? I assume thats what you bought? Thats what I really want but have been unable to find one eny where.

I found one at a local store. Yes it is a .50. I got it for $230 and would have bought two if they had em. I love this gun. I topped it with a Leupold 3-9X40 with the L-250 reticle, spent more on the scope than the gun.

Latest posts

Back