Real Happy with the new encore today.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskasmoker

Reaction score
Was heading out to go check my bait station when the mailman showed up with my new encore barrel, forend and variflames.
So I was pretty excited to try that out today.

Got up to the cabin, and began blasting at 50 yards. First shot was dead center and about 2 inches high. 2 more shots and they were on either side of the first shot. Those were with horn. 300 xtp/mags and 2 pellets of trip7

Switched loads, this time, 410 grain horn great plains and 2 pellets of trip z. All 3 shots touching and only about 1 inch low, still dead center.

Then I tried out horn. 300 sst with 2 pellets of trip 7. they were a little to the right and at the same hight as load 1.

For the rest of my shooting I just shot whatever, loose powder, various bullets, sabots combinations. everythiing pretty much hit dead center and no more than 3 inches in elevation difference.

My breech plug came out like butter too! Either the teflon tape or TC super lube did the trick! No more CVA greese for me.

Two gripes, one, the jag that came with the barrel promptly bent and broke on the third loading. two, my fingertip turns white from the pressure applied to break the trigger.Bellm spring should be here next week

Things Im really impressed with is the new Pro hunter thumbhole stock. Recoil was reduced for sure. I have been shooting my other encore pretty regular so I remember how that one kicked very well.

Plus that thumbhole really helped me stay on target in spite of RIDICUOLOUS trigger. .

The Bears are in big trouble come memorial weekend.

Sounds like you have a real good shooter. You are very fortunate that it shoots so many different loads with good accuracy. My Omega is more pickey as to what it likes.

Congraulations on your T/C barrel shooting so well for you.

T/C cleaning jags with the brass threaded spru as part of the jag break quite often. T/C needs to take a look at "Barnes Bullets" seating jag with the steel threaded insert. You won't break that one.

Choc-dog

Sounds like you have a winner. So which bullet are you going to use on your bear hunt?

Back