PERSONAL HOBBIES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original post left off my intro for this. My hobby for years now, has been making predator and turkey calls. I make coon squawlers too. Great therapy. I also build powder horns and carve traditional Native American effigy peace pipes of red pipestone I get from Minnesota.

Badger those are fantastic!

Original post left off my intro for this. My hobby for years now, has been making predator and turkey calls. I make coon squawlers too. Great therapy. I also build powder horns and carve traditional Native American effigy peace pipes of red pipestone I get from Minnesota.
I buy old beat up hats,clean them up and reshape old western

Attachments

• 1064804_10201627309114228_309048620_o.jpg
    1064804_10201627309114228_309048620_o.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 10
Seems resupplying our goods has become somewhat of and issue. Seems like toilet paper and kleenex are the hot items around here...

When this settles down we will see more "Doomsday Preepers" than ever before .... ☕

time.moves.jpg

I have this thing for old pickup trucks and their close relatives. Favorite is a 1940 Chevrolet Carryall, precursor to today's Suburban. Two doors, front seat split 60/40, right side folds forward for access to seats in rear. Unsynchronized 4 speed, pull the trigger to get in reverse, granny (1st) gear is a real crawler. Original poured bearing 216 cid engine was totally shot, as in "fill the oil and check the gas". Replaced it with a rebuilt 1954 235 cid Chevy, first generation of full pressure lube and slipper bearing engines. Drops right in. Also new glass all around, new upholstery, straightened and replated all the chrome.

Looking for a five window pick-em-up.

Seems resupplying our goods has become somewhat of and issue. Seems like toilet paper and kleenex are the hot items around here...

When this settles down we will see more "Doomsday Preepers" than ever before .... ☕

??... Hey Buck', Is resupplying toilet paper and kleenex one of your "PERSONAL HOBBIES"?😁

I like your custom burn work on the calls. Nice artistic touch. 👍
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. At one time I made an "attempt" to carve miniature game, but moved onto wood burning custom chess boards. I was always fascinated though with the wild turkey. Here's one of my early wood carvings I kept. Its 3.5" tall.
TFdSxRB.jpg

4mFBOdB.jpg

p.s. At one time I made an "attempt" to carve miniature game, but moved onto wood burning custom chess boards. I was always fascinated though with the wild turkey. Here's one of my early wood carvings I kept. Its 3.5" tall.
TFdSxRB.jpg

4mFBOdB.jpg
That is really great. I carve a little to but doubt I could match that. Nice work. The drawings I did were originally painted on. They wear off to easy so I switched methods. I also carve stone pipes and any kind of antler I can get my hands on.

I would love to see your pipestone pipes,do you ever sell them??
Before I retired I did all kinds of odds and ends as gifts because I was too cheap to buy for folks. The pipes I have done, 3, are with friends and family. Wouldn't know what to charge. I have started on one traditional one recently but I'm slowed some because I'm trying to get a shop built for my work. This is the last pipe I did. An owl. I have done a bear effigy and a traditional too. If your serious let me know and I'll see what we can work out. Thanks for asking. Terry [email protected] gtrd.jpgunspecifiedOLOSJC26.jpgunspecifiedF0P4KSDI.jpg

I figured out why all the toilet paper is being horded! Seems to be a lot of folks that eat beans, tamales, and burritos. Now if that isn't a recipe for disaster I don't know what is!💩💩💩💩👺👺👺👺

Wow. So much talent and expertise... I impressed with the craftsmanship of many fellow forum members.
X2! Don't be shy, I know there are other who have many hidden talents and artistry.
Keep the hobbies and showcases coming.:)

X2! Don't be shy, I know there are other who have many hidden talents and artistry.
Keep the hobbies and showcases coming.:)
I'm seriously enjoying this thread and hope it continues going on a lot longer. Personal Hobbies - does anyone here have any impersonal hobbies? :dancing chicken:
I'm not very good AT ALL with hobbies and crafts and such. Not sure what you mean by "impersonal", but I do enjoy the game of CHESS. Been doing more of it lately with the Pandemic. I play others I know and don't (impersonal I guess) know online. No timers just make a daily move or two.

Before I retired I did all kinds of odds and ends as gifts because I was too cheap to buy for folks. The pipes I have done, 3, are with friends and family. Wouldn't know what to charge. I have started on one traditional one recently but I'm slowed some because I'm trying to get a shop built for my work. This is the last pipe I did. An owl. I have done a bear effigy and a traditional too. If your serious let me know and I'll see what we can work out. Thanks for asking. Terry [email protected] View attachment 1664View attachment 1665View attachment 1666
Beautiful craftsmanship combined with some amazing creativity. Very cool you should really be proud

Before I retired I did all kinds of odds and ends as gifts because I was too cheap to buy for folks. The pipes I have done, 3, are with friends and family. Wouldn't know what to charge. I have started on one traditional one recently but I'm slowed some because I'm trying to get a shop built for my work. This is the last pipe I did. An owl. I have done a bear effigy and a traditional too. If your serious let me know and I'll see what we can work out. Thanks for asking. Terry [email protected] View attachment 1664View attachment 1665View attachment 1666
Awsome pipe!!! The pipe stone is what costs as the dig it by hand,do you wax you pipe stone?

TFdSxRB.jpg

4mFBOdB.jpg
That is way cool!!!! Very nice work..Drill little hole and put real turkey beard in there :)

Latest posts

Back