PERSONAL HOBBIES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order: 1959 Simca-piece of crap, 1954 Ford Custom-312 T-bird engine, 1955 Chevy-4 door, 1951 Studebaker, 1957 Chevy-283, 1954 Pontiac Chieftain, 1964 Corvair Cnvertible, 1962 Plymouth convertible, 1966 Chevy Impala-283, 1968 Chevelle-4spd. close ratio-307 bored to 327+, 1959 Beetle(junk), 1962 Beetle(Junk), 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7!! That was the last classic I believe. Once the 70's hit vehicles lost their identities!

You guys are making me drool! The first "cool" car I had was a 59 Ford Galaxy 500 coupe, blue and white with air, white walls, skirts and power steering. Before a Saturday night date, I'd give that car a good washing, spray the whitewalls and towel her off. Then in my jeans and white T shirt, I'd roll all the windows down, crank up the radio and take her down some back country road about 75 or 80. There was nothing like being single, driving that car, and listening to the radio as I tooled along on a summer afternoon. What a feelin of freedom that was. Any of you guys get your seats covered with that plastic wrap? Ron, your 55 is a real beauty for sure.

ML48 out of my archives one of my 57s in days of yore. Bought it out of a logger's shop here in Encampment. Had been repainted in '90 otherwise bone stock #s match 283 power-pac, glide, even has the fender skirts and orig hubcaps in the trunk. Don't miss any of the exs but surely wish for a few of my cars back! Footnote: paid 15K, took it to the Turkey rod run in the Daytona speedway infield in Fl where my son lives and sent it to New Zealand for 26.5K, couldn't turn it down. You know the old sayin "money talks and BS walks" Hands down my favorite car I ever owned!

Attachments

• 57 Chevy.jpg
    57 Chevy.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 7
Getting back to the more traditional line of hobbies for this forum, I do enjoy woodworking as many of you do. Made most of the furniture in our home, cabinets, counter tops, china hutch, dining room table and window trim from local beetle kill ( blue stain) pine. I'm probably starting to bore you so I'll get off for now. Just a wonderful way to show who we are to the rest of the members.

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    679.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    675.8 KB · Views: 17
  • P3130008.JPG
    P3130008.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 16
  • P3130010.JPG
    P3130010.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 16
  • P3130011.JPG
    P3130011.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 17
  • P3130001.JPG
    P3130001.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 17
Ron, your 55 is a real beauty for sure.

When new, the car was really attractive for its day, like the one in the photo. By the time we had one, the age was showing. The convertible top on ours was black rather than white. There were two white stripes down the top. Every one asked if they were racing stripes. Nope. They were tape to keep rain from seeping through the two seams. The rear, plastic window was so scratched that it was even hard to make out headlights behind us. I didn't even see the police lights behind me until I looked in the side mirrors.
We couldn't afford to replace our 1950 Plymouth bowling ball (because of its shape) so my uncle graciously agreed to trade the Plymouth for the Ford even up.
Ron

ML48 out of my archives one of my 57s in days of yore. Bought it out of a logger's shop here in Encampment. Had been repainted in '90 otherwise bone stock #s match 283 power-pac, glide, even has the fender skirts and orig hubcaps in the trunk. Don't miss any of the exs but surely wish for a few of my cars back! Footnote: paid 15K, took it to the Turkey rod run in the Daytona speedway infield in Fl where my son lives and sent it to New Zealand for 26.5K, couldn't turn it down. You know the old sayin "money talks and BS walks" Hands down my favorite car I ever owned!
Yes, My '57 was my favorite and to this day still is. Every time I see one for sale it is well over $40,000!! If I find one at an affordable price, the damn thing is in worse shape than me.

Thanks Ron. The duck hunter is a watercolor. However, now I just work in oils. Thanks for liking my work. FP

Getting back to the more traditional line of hobbies for this forum, I do enjoy woodworking as many of you do. Made most of the furniture in our home, cabinets, counter tops, china hutch, dining room table and window trim from local beetle kill ( blue stain) pine. I'm probably starting to bore you so I'll get off for now. Just a wonderful way to show who we are to the rest of the members.
Well smuge my tipi i like that place!!!

Attachments

• 61605091_10219549944888921_2668625685387411456_o.jpg
    61605091_10219549944888921_2668625685387411456_o.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 15
I've had a passion for snowmobiles since I was about 10. I enjoy doing my own maintenance on them and really enjoy doing mild mods to them and then dialing in the jetting and clutching for deep snow performance. I'm currently riding a 17 year old sled, I find it to be much more dependable than the new ones. Here are some pics from the last couple of years.
IMG_E1287_zpskjsfhync.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsmwbz3ugp.jpg

Miseryclimb_zpsfaccbe15.jpg

I've had a passion for snowmobiles since I was about 10. I enjoy doing my own maintenance on them and really enjoy doing mild mods to them and then dialing in the jetting and clutching for deep snow performance. I'm currently riding a 17 year old sled, I find it to be much more dependable than the new ones. Here are some pics from the last couple of years.

IMG_0027_zpsmwbz3ugp.jpg

My cousin has three Tracksters now all fixed up has a cabin in the Sierras.Little slower than yours.but he goes all over with heating inside the over head.

I'm seriously enjoying this thread and hope it continues going on a lot longer. Personal Hobbies - does anyone here have any impersonal hobbies? :dancing chicken:

IMG_0027_zpsmwbz3ugp.jpg

Artic Cat machines were big in my early years in PA. I knew someone who raced them taking home many trophies. Seems we don't get the winter snowfalls here in the Northeast like we did back in the '70s. 😐
All is remember is that snowmobiling was TONS of fun. If you're careful it's a winter sport you can enjoy well into your senior years.

Back