CALENDAR YEAR COMPARISONS IN HISTORY.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
CALENDAR YEAR COMPARISONS IN HISTORY.
On a rainy day years ago we were taking evening classes at Regis University in Denver. The wife and myself spent many hours in the libraries around our home working on lessons. One class was a "communications class" you were video taped when standing in front of the class giving your speech. The tape was given to each student to study and try to eliminate all the weird things one does when nervous.

I have never had a problem with speaking in front of a group, but the wife is a different story. At the library she studied for the next class while I screwed around researching period foods for our business "Clark & Son Mercantile".

When in class it was like a "show & tell" that we did for the schools for me, had lots of material, she did something on animals? At one outing at the library I started studying the years and dates of events and tried to match that information to today's calendar dates.

This would be from our forefathers to our days, months and current year to make a more meaningful experience. Plus it brought up some interesting comments and thoughts when sitting around a camp fire in the evening.

Here's a sample of what I'm referring to with this train of thought.

January 2012 - same month & days = shows years of like numbering match the 1792, 1797, 1809, 1815, 1820, 1826, 1837 to our current calendar.

match.gif

January 2002 - same month & days = shows years of like numbering but the days fall on different days.

2020.gif

Say it’s January 2002, then the living history dates that match the current day would be as shown. We would have these periods to work in - 1793, 1799, 1805, 1811, 1816, 1822, 1833 (now you look at these old dates for an event shown in history), Don’t worry it takes a little time to get use to how this works.

This is how serious some of the living history folks get. At some point in the future they will write books about today, yesterday, tomorrow and the day after. ... We are living in the midst of history, folks, we are smack dab in the middle of what ... No, I've always viewed it as very serious. ... It is time for all of us to do our part so we can get through this the best we can.

1607394337889.png

Attachments

• off.gif
    off.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back