One thing you wish you’d started using or doing sooner?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, the teflon tape is the way to go, no mess like with grease or anti seize. The prob most have with them, including me in the beginning was simply using waaaay too much of it, not understanding that only a tiny smear on the threads is plenty.
I guess at 61 my hand strength isn't what it use to be & I can't unscrew the QRBP in the Accura with teflon tape on the threads & I need the use of pliers. With using a minute amount of grease, there really is no mess or issues to deal with, but when ya have to push a load out of the breech end for whatever reason, then, even a little grease will make the cleanup a lil more work.
I'm not too far behind you in age,55. I usually end up having to push a load out at the end of the season. I've learned that I can leave the muzzleloader loaded during the season as long as I haven't fired it! If I've fired the muzzleloader I won't leave it dirty for more than 2 days and that's using blackhorn powder!

The best thing I've ever purchased for cold weather hunting is a pair of Artic Shield booties! I always had a hard time keeping my feet warm no matter what boots I had! These will keep your feet nice and toasty! Just make sure that you put em on as soon as you get on stand!

The best thing I've ever purchased for cold weather hunting is a pair of Artic Shield booties! I always had a hard time keeping my feet warm no matter what boots I had! These will keep your feet nice and toasty! Just make sure that you put em on as soon as you get on stand!
My #1 wish would be that I would have invested the time & money into learning about better cold weather hunting clothes & boots.
I cheapass hucklebucked it for a very long time. When I finally spent over 700.00 on Gortex Scentlock extreme cold weather bibs & parka & a pair of Sorrell Boots, then I got a handheld GPS & the first Summit Viper self climber & I had a whole new world of hunting opened up to me & I was not freezing & shivering & wet & miserable ever again.

My #1 wish would be that I would have invested the time & money into learning about better cold weather hunting clothes & boots.
I cheapass hucklebucked it for a very long time. When I finally spent over 700.00 on Gortex Scentlock extreme cold weather bibs & parka & a pair of Sorrell Boots, then I got a handheld GPS & the first Summit Viper self climber & I had a whole new world of hunting opened up to me & I was not freezing & shivering & wet & miserable ever again.
I'm with you on that! I spent way too many days in the cold weather without the proper clothing!

Got me a pair last season, just chuck a Hot Hands in 'em and good all day in the tree. Their the cats a&@!

I got a pair for Christmas and never used em. Guess I should have..

Latest posts

Back