FYI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed I haven't been on here lately to comment, which is probably a good thing. Anyway I wanted to let you all know my wife of over 47 years passed this past Sunday at home. She had been in declining health for many years, especially the last six months. I gave up my deer season to stay with her, but did manage a few squirrel hunts, way less than I usually have.
Thank the Lord she is no longer in terrible pain!
My hats off to all care givers that are going through similar circumstances! I wouldn't wish what I have been through these last months on anyone!

I also will be having hernia surgery on March 4th, so please keep me in your prayers.

Steve,

Very sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she didn't suffer. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Forty-seven years is a very long time and I hope they were all good ones.

Best of luck on the hernia surgery and hope for a speedy recovery. My friend just went through his second one, the one he had in Oct didn't heal right and it popped again.

John

Find comfort in knowing she no longer suffers and hats off to your selfless dedication to her. I also went through the hernia deal a couple of years ago and it was a pretty simple deal and I felt 100% better the day after the surgery.
Prayers to ya!!

OMG Steve, I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you are going through. But know this my prayers and your fellow MM brothers on this forum are with you! I pray your Herinia operation goes well. I just had my right knee replaced three weeks ago. While they say I'm making good progress, the pain and stiffness have me wondering.

My niece is a spiritual medium and the things she tells people about the loved ones that passed, she lets them know they are still around them and tells them things that only they would know to confirm it. Because of her, while I don't want to die anytime soon, I don't fear it as I know I will be back home with my loved ones and God again.

My prayers are with you, my friend.

Some of you might have noticed I haven't been on here lately to comment, which is probably a good thing. Anyway I wanted to let you all know my wife of over 47 years passed this past Sunday at home. She had been in declining health for many years, especially the last six months. I gave up my deer season to stay with her, but did manage a few squirrel hunts, way less than I usually have.
My hats off to all care givers that are going through similar circumstances! I wouldn't wish what I have been through these last months on anyone!

I also will be having hernia surgery on March 4th, so please keep me in your prayers.
Sorry for your loss
! Hopefully a speedy recovery post surgery!

My condolences to you and your family in your time of loss.

Thanks to all for the comments! I prayed several time for the Lord to take her. She had horrible pain that even narcotics couldn't relieve fast enough. We started hospice on January 19th and with end of life care meds we finally had some relief. I swear we humans take better care of our animals than we do people!
I went from 235-40# down to 219# just dealing with not sleeping properly, etc. I don't feel bad that its now over, just wish she had listened and followed the multiple doctors advise, but that was her choice.

I haven't been to the range in over two years. Bought a new to me Omega .50 cal. March 2022 and haven't shot it. Not to mention not wetting a line fishing.
That will change this year! So I will get back to what I am and go from there.

Life is precious live it like there is no tomorrow!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes on your hernia surgery in March. May the medical team have an outstanding good day, and all the nurses and techs be kind and nice to you.

Latest posts

Back