CVA Accura LRX 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's some dandy shooting. I'm glad those ELRs shot good for you because The best I could get was 1 3/4" @ 100 yards. Looks like your rifle likes them though.

Well that's some dandy shooting. I'm glad those ELRs shot good for you because The best I could get was 1 3/4" @ 100 yards. Looks like your rifle likes them though.
The part I don’t like is the barrel has to be fouled. The first four shots on a clean barrel looks like a buckshot load. Then it starts stacking them.

I notice you have mentioned both volume and weight in the same paragraph and maybe I missed it earlier, but are your BH charges by volume or are they being weighed? Just curious as you seem to be getting some really decent groups.

I notice you have mentioned both volume and weight in the same paragraph and maybe I missed it earlier, but are your BH charges by volume or are they being weighed? Just curious as you seem to be getting some really decent groups.
I am weighing them. Only referring to the volume for those that don’t have scales and show the difference from lot to lot of powder.

The part I don’t like is the barrel has to be fouled. The first four shots on a clean barrel looks like a buckshot load. Then it starts stacking them.
I didn't give them time to shoot them on a fouled barrel. I figure if the can't shoot on a clean or semi clean barrel they're worthless for hunting, especially at any distance. That's the reason I went with the SSTs B2B. A lot of guys are having terrific luck with the 225 gr Furys in a Harvester blue sabot. I haven't tried them YET!

I didn't give them time to shoot them on a fouled barrel. I figure if the can't shoot on a clean or semi clean barrel they're worthless for hunting, especially at any distance. That's the reason I went with the SSTs B2B. A lot of guys are having terrific luck with the 225 gr Furys in a Harvester blue sabot. I haven't tried them YET!
I like the furys’ so I might get those and try on a clean barrel. I can’t stand the thoughts of going to battle with a dirty weapon!!! And I’m still convinced that a bullet could separate from the base at the wrong time. Causing a lost projectile or worse it be somewhere in the barrel but not seated.

Update, I was not happy with shooting a fouled rifle with the PB bullets. Even though the accuracy was there, I was on a mission to find a combination that I could shoot on a clean bore. After taking some great advice and working different loads and sabot combos I have found a CLEAN BORE COMBO! Fury 250 st2, blue slick sabot, (you gotta push them hard) and they like it. 1/4” at 100yrds. Time to move back.

Attachments

• IMG_6888.jpeg
    IMG_6888.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6889.jpeg
    IMG_6889.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6890.jpeg
    IMG_6890.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back