New shooting table

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
69285510.jpg

NICE
A roof will certainly be icing on the cake :Red tup:

VERY VERY NICE Jon!!! That is EXACTLY what I have envisioned if i ever move to a piece of land. That Bench Setup will be here til the end of time :Red tup:

Better pics to come later today. Going to go do some shooting. Partial sides and some shelving will go up next for a little wind block and storage space.72427991_10156983650487875_4819871308126879744_n.jpg

What a great difference shooting off this table than one of the store bought shooting tables. This table is so much more comfortable! Thanks boys!

I Absolutely agree with Marty!! There’s no way i would go as far as Jonathan has here and Not put a Roof of Some Sorts over it. What an AWESOME Setup this is, i like the looks of it a BUNCH!! :D

Lewis how are you, miss your reports bud, thought you may have went with your friend Strong Eagle .... :p :coffee: 😉

If/ when I build a bench I will definitely put a roof over it, but have no desire to ever put walls on one. After shooting out of a bunker like bench setup outside Glenn Rock, Wyo and from a couple enclosed hunting blinds. My head is ringing again just thinking about that. Bice looking setup for sure though.
Mike

That is the ultimate shooting bench setup in my opinion! Well designed and well executed and more than the equal of those at a large Va. range I used to shoot at. I am suitably impressed with the result. Kudos.
This is the only shooting bench I ever built. I wanted something light and portable that was also truly sturdy. Surprisingly it exceeded my expectations. I had no problem working up loads that shot ultra tiny groups. I also built a snap-on brass catcher for it. Sadly, it didn't make the trip when we moved.BUT...your's is simply professional.
64b21378-db3d-4e6c-bce9-342f5334eb4c-zps822b00ed.jpg

That's a simple and very practical design Hanshi. Being a lefty I would need to mount the legs on the other side.;)

Thank you for the nice words. Wish I still had it but it isn't critical as it was years ago. The range here has pretty nice facilities already.

That is the ultimate shooting bench setup in my opinion! Well designed and well executed and more than the equal of those at a large Va. range I used to shoot at. I am suitably impressed with the result. Kudos.
This is the only shooting bench I ever built. I wanted something light and portable that was also truly sturdy. Surprisingly it exceeded my expectations. I had no problem working up loads that shot ultra tiny groups. I also built a snap-on brass catcher for it. Sadly, it didn't make the trip when we moved.BUT...your's is simply professional.
64b21378-db3d-4e6c-bce9-342f5334eb4c-zps822b00ed.jpg
That is a nice portable set up Hanshi. It just wouldn't last long up here in the Mountains. We live at 7350' and the ground is hard & rocky. The weather (rain, high winds, blizzards, high snow levels, & the sun at this elevation can cook you). This bench really didn't cost much. I think the structure was more and as Jon will tell you, I over build everything.
I built a chicken coop a bunch of years ago that looks good to this day and sturdy. In 2009 we had a hail storm come through with baseball size hail. Broke the windshield in every vehicle and looked like someone took a ball peen hammer to every inch of the vehicles body. As for the house, The hail broke through the roof in several places, did over $17,000 in damage to the house alone. However, the chicken coop had some dings in the metal roof and some plastic around one window broken slightly. I guess I should have been the one to build this house:)) LOLOL!!

I built the table while living in Georgia. Didn't have to worry as we were not in mountainous terrain. The table was light, portable and sturdy when assembled. I've never experienced hail that bad but have heard others who have.

Latest posts

Back