New shooting table

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img_0417.jpg

img_0419.jpg

img_0418.jpg

img_0420.jpg

img_0421.jpg

img_0422.jpg

img_0423.jpg

Some Good progress! It’s looking AWESOME!! :Red tup:  The only thing that would look better, is if it was in my Yard on Acreage  :D

Yep! Finally finished it off today! Very nerve wracking using that skid steer. The forks have a stabilizer bar and we had to block the top up, pull the skid steer out, then wiggle the table to where it all looked even, then remove the blocks one at a time. We have the last cement soupy so you can move the top around into its final adjustment. Before gravel comes, we'll put the cherry on top and build a roof over it. Is it level? Hell yes it is!!
IMG-0471.jpg

IMG-0472.jpg

IMG-0473.jpg

IMG-0474.jpg

IMG-0477.jpg

IMG-0476.jpg

IMG-0479.jpg

IMG-0480.jpg

IMG-0482.jpg

A more than a half dozen public shooting ranges on the front range in CO and UT have used this design for 30 years. It's the only way to keep the public from tearing up a bench, only complaint we have ever heard through the state association's was "the bench marked my rifle butt" - can't make everyone happy ....

Our shooting range has concrete tops.  I always bring a heavy bath towel to lay over the edge of the table so when I lean a rifle up against the table so it doesn't get scratched or nicked.

The range I used to shoot at had similar concrete benches and they had carpet remnants cut to match the shape of the top. Nice job by the way!

A "one-of-a-kind" mini-monolith for generations to share...super job FG  :!:

Any wiggle in it? :lol!:  MAN O MAN!! I sure wish i had a Setup like that!!! A Concrete Bench takes “Rock Solid” to a Whole Different Level!! Awesome Work Jon :Red tup:  Gotta admit, I’m a bit jealous :D

We're still doing some sanding and filling on the table top, but its coming out great and almost ready for the epoxy coating.

What are you using for sanding the concrete?

My brother and I spent yesterday applying the epoxy seal to everything. The lighter color will keep the table cooler in the summer.
100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

Latest posts

Back