New projectile by Hornady

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workhorse

Reaction score
I have a friend who works for Hornady, and he was telling me about a new muzzleloader bullet they are coming out with in a couple months called the FPB. Here is the link to an article about it. http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=770

I wanted to hear your guys feedback on the claims that are being made with this new bullet. It seems to me that a copper jacketed bullet will not be as versatile in different guns as a lead sabot. Due to differences in internal diameters between the different manufacturers, and copper being much harder than lead, I would think it will be too loose in some guns, and too tight to load in others. How can they possibly claim 25 pounds of loading force, unless they design a .501, .502, .503 etc.?

I really hope it is as good as they are claiming, because a copper jacketed bullet with that ballistic coefficient would be a much more effective hunting bullet than a all lead conical. But I'm skeptical. You would think that if it was possible, someone would have done it way before now.

Please give me your feedback.

It does look interesting I admit. And if it lives up to its claims it should be an excellent conical. I am wondering how out of line in the price department they are going to make it...

Like I said, Powerbelts have had the playing field for a long time. There are now others on the market that are taking a chunk of their market share. Another good one is called Saber Tooth Conicals.

Back