My new Powder Horn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Stony1 pulled through on this one! I had bought a cheap uncompleted horn off ebay and after looking at it, got tired of it and put it away. Once Dave showed up with his talents we discussed a list of things and settled on a  price and I sent the horn off to him so he could work his magic!

Dave did a beautiful job on this horn! He added the whitetail antler stopper plug with a piece of buckskin for me to tie it off to my bag strap. He did the white pine plug with screw in Acorn filler plug which BTW, is a HUGE welcome! I had a head slapping moment when I went to fill it and completely forgot about the Acorn filler hole. Unscrewed it, used my funnel and started filling it up nice and easy. That flat wood surface was so much easier and less powder was spilled.

He topped off with copper nails to hold the base plug to the horn. With some age to the works, this will be my favorite horn and have memories and friendship involved as well.

I have already taken it on its first hunt!
46837394_2143761839021914_354350036168998912_n.jpg

47030490_2143762115688553_2572193761102659584_n.jpg

46885966_2143762015688563_1039568341183758336_n.jpg

47200938_2144098035654961_4119469524921614336_o.jpg

FrontierGander said:
Stony1 pulled through on this one! I had bought a cheap uncompleted horn off ebay and after looking at it, got tired of it and put it away. Once Dave showed up with his talents we discussed a list of things and settled on a  price and I sent the horn off to him so he could work his magic!

Dave did a beautiful job on this horn! He added the whitetail antler stopper plug with a piece of buckskin for me to tie it off to my bag strap. He did the white pine plug with screw in Acorn filler plug which BTW, is a HUGE welcome! I had a head slapping moment when I went to fill it and completely forgot about the Acorn filler hole. Unscrewed it, used my funnel and started filling it up nice and easy. That flat wood surface was so much easier and less powder was spilled.

He topped off with copper nails to hold the base plug to the horn. With some age to the works, this will be my favorite horn and have memories and friendship involved as well.

I have already taken it on its first hunt!
Frontier Gander
  Beautiful Fox and Rifle. Thank you, you did me proud with your endorsement of my work and your successful hunt. I'm thrilled that you like the horn. I hope others will like it too.
I've been a little dormant since completing it. I had another request for work; so I put things on a back burner while I tired to help a friend with his project. It was a pretty big one and I was out of my "comfort zone" but he seems happy with the results. :thumbs up:  Maybe he'll show it off?
 Jonathan and the FML family: Merry Christmas   :santa:  thanks again.
God bless:
Dave (Stoney1/Two Feathers)

I like it!  The gun & fox are an awesome touch.

I wish I had the skills and talent that Dave has. Dave made a priming horn, a starter ramrod, a knife and other muzzle loader accessories for me. Every one was beyond expectations.
He's a good guy, as well.
Ron

It's getting time for me to make another hunting bag.  But you can bet the house that I won't post a photo of it on the same thread with Dave.

Back