My first Muzzleloader Kill...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
The story: I went to the range today to play with the encore. Just as I was setting up, two woodchucks come running out of the bushes, 95 yds away. I could not pass up the opportunity. :D While trying to keep a low profile and load my gun, the bigger 'chuck became aware of my presence and stood up to for a better look. I capped the gun and laid the barrel on a very conveniently placed sandbag. Knowing my gun was not perfectly sighted in, I held the crosshairs in the center of his chest while he stood there gawking at me. Boom, the smoke clears, and I see a little brown lump where he once stood. The bullet impacted 'bout 1.5 inches high, maybe half inch off. I continued shooting and indeed the gun was 1.5" high @ 100 yds. The entrance and exit wound pics were totally out of focus, sorry. He went to the great soybean field in the sky complements of a 250grain shockwave and 100grains ffg triple 7. :)

woodchuckpics001.jpg

Wolf_River_Mike said:
Congratulations on your kill doegirl. Did you rub your rifle down with woodchuck blood?

LOL, no. I couldn't possibly get that "primal". My family already thinks I'm a bit off center. :wink:

That's cool! 8) I had to send a woodchuck on to his reward awhile back. He was getting too close to my yard. :x Had to use a .22LR though. The neighbors might have crapped if I would have popped him with the muzzy! :lol:

Very nice shot doegirl! I am assuming that the second woodchuck never showed itself again? :lol: To your response Nic_58, i did that once last year. Neighbor was used to hearing the .22, the day i shot my muzzy off my back deck, they called and asked if the police needed to be here!!!

Well done! The farmers are all standing and applauding.

Question. What kind of "slip-on" cheek piece are you using? And how do you like it? I'm looking for one myself.

Scott B

sdb777 said:
Well done! The farmers are all standing and applauding.

Question. What kind of "slip-on" cheek piece are you using? And how do you like it? I'm looking for one myself.

Scott B

Scott-I don't remember the make, I did buy it at Cabela's though. I had one on my 870 slug gun for about 8 years. It has yet to move. It laces into place.

Cayugad
Cheek pads, Have you ever tried moleskin,back in my trapshooting days it was very common,
Redclub

Latest posts

Back