Leupold Ultimate Slam??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rootdoc

Reaction score
Curious if the new Leupold Ultimate slam is the way to go. I see that reveiws of the Nikon show a lot of inconsistancy with the BPC reticle up to 14"??
Curious what most of you guys are using.
I just purchased a T/C Encore Pro Hunter 50 cal. this is my first smoke pole and i must say i am a NOVICE :oops:

Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.
Also any tips on powder, slugs and primers would be helpful as well.

Thanks

I almost bought one the other day, but passed. I'll use the "regular" 3x9 Leupolds that are already on my Omegas for this season.

After New Years though, I think I will pick up an Ultimate Slam and make it my "Winter & Spring Project." All my scopes are Leupolds and this one looks interesting.

Anybody shooting one yet?

I have one on my new pro hunter. I have yet to try it out at th erange though.

I just bought one and am anxious to try it out. I find that i can see the reticle and compensation markers much more clearly than I could on the Nikon. I'll let you know how it goes when I go to sight it in.

Has anyone else used this scope? What have you found as far as accuracy of the SABR reticle and with which loads? Thanks.

Just put one on my new omega before hunting but haven't had time to play with loads and really get tight groups. The groups I ended up with was about 3" at 100 yards. I did shoot it at 200 yards only a couple of times using the sabr and ended about 6" low. I was in a hurry and it was probably me. I used it hunting and seems pretty good in low light conditions.

I handled one of these on Saturday and was pretty impressed--definitely on my X-mas wish-list and I hope to start shooting with one after New Years. I like the Leupold reticle much better than the Nikon's.

i put an ultimate slam on my new T-hole ultra slugger 20ga. tried hornady sst slugs and they wouldnt group. shot lightfield hybrid exp slugs and they were a wet dream! sighted center crosshair dead on at 50 yds and had seven inches of drop at 100 yds. with the magnification set on the slug gun setting the 2nd dot was dead on at 100. i love this scope and reticle and after season i will purchase another and replace the zeiss on my PH with one.

I have used my ultimateslam on my triumph now for the past few months and have loved it. Good clear scope, easy to see reticle in various light conditions. Decent group at 200 yards with the first dot, 120gr BH and 250 gr hornady SST/ml. Even better with the 300 gr hornady and same charge, which I didn't expect. Elevation was spot on. I haven't been able to try out beyond 200 yards yet.

Back