Knight Long Range Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeLeg

Reaction score
Hey Im getting ready to get a new rig,I was wondering if any one had any thing positve to say about this muzzleloader? Is it worth 550 bucks and this will be my first knight and was wondering if the Knight weaver rings and bases is what I'll need to get going.Appreciate any replies as I need to get this thing ordered and get to shooting quick.Works got me behind and hoping I can get a good combo put to gether by middle of next week.Was thinking Savage but these baby look sweet but never held one yet. Thanks

First off, let me welcome you to the forum.

Also, there are a few members that use that rifle and I am sure they will express their feelings. Knights are great rifles. I own two of them, but do not own that model. From all I have read from those that do own them, they are a heck of a rifle.

I have owned two knight's, and they are nice guns. Just don't buy it because it say's "long range hunter" . Most muzzleloaders are in this catagory now.

The master hunter is just as good of a gun and can be had much cheaper. Let me know if you are interested as Knight has stopped making them but a dealer of theirs in WI bought all the remaining stock they have.

I WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE FORUM ALSO!!! :D

I BOUGHT A NEW ML ABOUT 2 MO. AGO
I LOOKED AT THE KNIGHT LRH THE KNIGHT DISC EXTREME AND THE SAVAGE .

( LRH ) DID NOT LIKE THE STOCK IN THE WAY IT FELT ON THE LRH WHEN I SHOULDERED IT FELT TO THICK AND BULKY .

( SAVAGE ) WOULD OF HAD TO BUY ALOT OF EXTRA STUFF - SCALE EXCET , EXCET

( DISC EXTREME ) ALREADY HAD EVERYTHING TO USE THIS GUN - POWDER - MEASUR - SO ON & SO ON . BOUGHT THIS GUN IT FELT SO GOOD WHEN I HELD AND SHOULDERED IT FELT JUST LIKE MY 7MM-08
JUST LIKE A GLOVE.
I CAN SHOOT 3/4" TO 11/4" GROUPS WITH THIS GUN ALL DAY LONG AT 100 YDS WITH 95GR 777 AND A 290GR SPITFIRE TMZ I HAVE NEVER SHOT IT AT 200 OR 300 YDS BUT I DON'T THINK 200 WOULD BE ANY PROB.

BUT IF I WERE YOU I WOULD TRY TO FIND A GUN SHOP THAT HAS ONE AND GO LOOK AND FELL IT IN PERSON

JUST MY OPP.

RON

Does the Savage shoulder just like the rifle lines of savages? If you want to look at a LRH I know most cabelas stock them.

I have one but I am not totally satisifed with it's accuracy. I've yet to get a 1 inch group at 100 yds. I'm still looking for the right load. Big 6x6 has one and is getting good results with Parker bullets. I'm going to try some myself. The stock is a little bulky but it helps steady for a long shot. My original stock had a hair line crack so knight replaced it. It is not free floated like the original stock. I'm hunting with it tomorrow for our opening gun season in TN and will be taking it to Iowa in a couple of weeks. Let you know the results ASAP.

Thanks for the replies guys, I don't know what I'll decide on but I need to get it done quick. I have a black diamond I've had for years I may just put a scope on it if I can't get something put together.

I bought a new ML this year. I looked long and hard at the Long Range Hunter but just could not justify the extra expense vs the rest of the Knight line. I looked at the Extreme and think thats as good a gun as the LRH for less money. I ended up buying an Elite on sale and it was a great investment. With very little range time and development I have it shooting 1 to 1.5" groups. When the weather warms up again and huntings seasons have ended I intend to spend some very dedicated time working up a better load and doing some serious long range shooting. Right now all I have shot to is 150, it is a dead deer that steps in front of me. I shot one doe at 110 yards the other day and one at 20 yards, both dead as a stone before they hit 40 yards.

I must say I will have to agree with critter. The Elite IS the long range option to look at.

Latest posts

Back