KODIAK SHORT 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well Marty here is the big secret I was telling you about. You remember the Kodiak in 45 cal. that you located for me and I bought and later on I try to sell it since I had bought one in SS and no one would buy it, well I decided to keep it and the other day I was think about this and told myself why not. Well here she is with a 21'' barrel and she looks great and she does shoot. I took it out to the range this morning before I left for FT. Bragg and shot it. Here are the results. I used the Hornady SST's 200 gr. for sight in, but from the looks of the second target I should have gone with the Barnes.
KODIAK PRO 45 CAL. 21'' BARREL
BH 209 100 GR.
HORNADY SST'S 200 GR. BLUE SMOOTH HARVESTER SABOTS
BARNES MZ 195 GR., SAME SABOTS
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS
BUSHNELL DOA 250
DSCF1033.jpg

This was the last target I shot today with the Barnes, three shot.
DSCF1031.jpg

This is the sight in target with the Hornady SST's 200 gr. first group low to the right, scope adjustment and every thing else where you see it at.

AND HERE SHE IS. I JUST LOVE THE WAY SHE LOOKS.
DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

I know that my post are not turning green any more and I don't know why. I done everything FG recomended and still nothing, but I guess you will find it sooner or later.

Carlos,

Great shooting with that little carbine. She's a great looking rifle. I can see your going to have a big problem come this hunting season making up your mind as to what rifle your going to hunt with.
That rifle likes those barnes. I wouldn't change a thing.

[100 yards :?: ] I'd be satisfied with either group, but the Barnes did exceptionally well in that smoker.

Sharp looking .45 carbine you got there cvilorio...and it's another shooter too!

damn! That friggin looks awesome with that short barrel and laminated stock!

And the accuracy backs up the looks to boot!

Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciated, and Hawg as far as making my mind which one to hunt with that is no problem. If I draw tags for IL I already decided to take the Apex Short and the regular Accura in 50cal., once I get there I will make my final decision. :D

Back