Knight Shadow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to Jeff today at Knight and I have sent in the receiver to see if they can figure out the issue. I expect I'll know something next week.

Knight is sending me another rifle, Sam said he wasnt comfortable with the gap between the reciever and the barrel, so he ordered me a new gun. Should have it in a week or 2.

FYI, I recieved the new rifle and everything is perfect now. I haven't really had a chance to put a lot of lead down range, but Knight's customer service is 1st rate! I'll post more once I have had a chance to do some more testing.

Knight Shadow and NO EXCUSES = SUCCESS~

What a hunt!!! 2nd day of muzzle loader season and I dropped this bull. We were setup on another bull trying call him in, and this guy was sneaking in behind us, I was able to get turned around and put a perfect 50yd shot on him. He went about 30yds and dropped. We were about 3 miles down into a big canyon so it took the rest of the day to pack him out, 6 hours total, it was a ton of work but it was all worth it!
My buddy Tony was a big help in all of this, between the scouting and all the hard work, it was definitely a team effort. We did it the right way, the hard way.. no ATV's no guides no outfitter, all on public land, all on foot and, all on our own. I used a Knight Shadow 50 cal, with 80gr 777 behind a 50 cal No Excuses 460gr conical.

This is proof that if you work hard, and you scout, and you plan, you can take a bull DIY in CO

Bull 2008-1

Bull 2008-2

Bull 2008-3

Holly cow that is AWSOME

CONGRATS

Glad they took care of you with the gun . Top Notch

Now if you need help eating some of that ELK just send it my way ! lol

Very nice Bulls

Ron

You're making it hard on us whose seasons don't open for another 2 months. :wink:
Zen

Thanks.
It is a lot of work, and I do all my own processing, but its all worth it when it hits the grill.

Panhandle said:
You're making it hard on us whose seasons don't open for another 2 months. :wink:
Zen

+1

Thanks a lot! I have a november cow elk tag. Lots of time to sight in my rifle though.

My friend bought one of the Knight Shadows and returned it to Cabelas. The action was very hard to break, he almost couldn't do it with one hand.

Nice pics. :D

Congratulations!

I know the exact feeling, a DIY bull elk in Colorado, on public land. Tough hunt for sure.

Buddies are priceless when it's time to pack those suckers out. :wink:

Thanks for sharing, wish I could have been there. :D

jp,
I had a similar problem with mine, and I contacted Knight directly and they sent me a new one. I would guess the first run of these that went to Cabela's had some problems. I have had zero problems with the one I got direct from Knight.

jp said:
My friend bought one of the Knight Shadows and returned it to Cabelas. The action was very hard to break, he almost couldn't do it with one hand.

Nice pics. :D

Also just wanted to thanks to all on this forum, it was this forum that turned me onto the No Excuses Bullets, and away from hollow points.

I was fortunate enough to find the slug lodged in the skin on the far side... it was a quartering to shot so there was a lot of stuff to penetrate. I'm having the slug mounted in the plaque and a European mount done, I will post pictures when I get it back in the next few weeks.

Very nice bull Congrats

2008_09140026.jpg

I dont have a pic of the slug, I will post one as soon as I get one.

I would have though it would have exited as well, but with a quartering to, penetrating the first rib bones, then a lung then the far backside of the 2nd lung and then part of the diagram and some of the liver and up in to another rib before it hit the skin.

Considering the bullet didnt pass through and it got that much penetration, I'd say that means he ate the brunt of the energy and I am sure that is what kept him from running anywhere.

I was shooting 80 gr 777, on a animal this size I think its pretty good penetration, I think a full on broadside shot would have been a pass through, provided I didnt hit the shoulder bone.

Nice lookin bull. I am going for a cow this november. Where were you hunting? I live down by Trinidad and hunting San isabel Ntl. forest.

Not a huge fan to this area as theres a lot of private property.

Latest posts

Back