Knight Ultra Light Arrived

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanceS4803

Reaction score
"The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here."
For those older amongst us...

My new Veteran's Day sale Knight Ultra Light, Colorado version w/ FPJ, arrived today, darned fast, too.
And when they say Ultra Light, they really mean it!! Wow. (Has me wondering about recoil, as my Traditions calculated out at 338 Win Mag recoil, based on velocity, bullet weight, charge and rifle weight.) But, this one was really preferred by most over the wood stocked Mountaineer.

Anyone have any starting pet loads that have worked well in this model?
My previous normal loads have been BH209 and PT Gold, 250 or 300, with black Harvester sabot.

Knight Ultra Light.jpg

Congrats!!! I have been tempted to order this rifle so many times. Someday...

That's a nice looking rifle. I ordered the disc extreme the other week.

Last edited:

My new Veteran's Day sale Knight Ultra Light, Colorado version w/ FPJ, arrived today, darned fast, too.
And when they say Ultra Light, they really mean it!! Wow. (Has me wondering about recoil, as my Traditions calculated out at 338 Win Mag recoil, based on velocity, bullet weight, charge and rifle weight.) But, this one was really preferred by most over the wood stocked Mountaineer.

6.5 lbs. of great pleasure and shooting ability. I am hoping that you find that the recoil is not what you are going to suspect at all. The way the lightweight Kevlar stock is designed - a good deal of the recoil is sent downward through the pistol grip.

My previous normal loads have been BH209 and PT Gold, 250 or 300, with black Harvester sabot.

I have two common loads for this giant rifle. And I should tell you mine is a FPJ also but I have converted it to bare primer using the Lehigh Defense primer adapter and breech plug with removable vent liner. I also should suggest that the BP primer pocket has been shimmed to fit a Winchester W209 primer to insure a clean breach.

My load for Elk is 120 gr. (vol) BH 209, an MMP HPH-24 sabot with a Lehigh .451x265gr CF-HP bullet. The sabot that normally use will work well also.

IMG-1323.jpg

And they shoot really well also.

265-16-10-6-Tgt-Composite.jpg

If you are a deer hunter - well then you would really like this bullet! It is a Lehigh .451x230 gr. CF-HP. With the same powder sabot this bullet shoots really well with a destructive 'Terminal Ballistics'. Because of the lighter weight of this bullet recoil is reduced. But look at the bullets ballistics

Lehigh_451x230_CF-HP.jpg

Lehigh-451x230-CF-HP-120-T7.jpg

Good luck with your new phone book!!! 😊

View attachment 11177

Congrats on your new Rifle, they are REALLY NICE!! :lewis:

Thanks for the info, sabotloader.
I went with the FPJ just to do the conversion you mentioned.
Thanks for the load info. Nice to have options. I really wanted to recover the 300gr PT Gold from my elk in September, but it was lost in a humongous gut pile that I didn't feel like searching through in the dark. It took off the top of the heart, but didn't exit. That would have given me more confidence in that particular bullet. That Lehigh has a MASSIVE cavity. No way it would not expand.

Wow, that was fast! I ordered my second UL on Veterans Day as well, but I haven’t heard from them yet. My order just says processing. I’ll be really happy if it shows up next week.

Let us know how it shoots.

I was expecting 3-4 weeks, as noted on the website. A happy surprise to get an email notification of it being shipped.

Latest posts

Back