Knight rifles ceasing?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a couple of spare breechplugs for each of my 3 Knight rifles and got a quick email response and was able to make personal contact by phone about a question at the number listed above. The plugs were shipped today.

Just got some pretty reliable info that Knight does plan on shutting down temporary but only long enough to reorganize, trim the fat and come back and concentrate on a couple of new, well thought out models...and come back strong. Will see I guess!

coop2564 said:
Just got some pretty reliable info that Knight does plan on shutting down temporary but only long enough to reorganize, trim the fat and come back and concentrate on a couple of new, well thought out models...and come back strong. Will see I guess!

That would be my best guess as well. I think Knight has lost it's identity with all the models they offer. Probably need to re-establish their flagship model that can handle BH209 without any issues (Ultimate Slam) and maybe some type of easy maint. break-open to compete with the Triumph. Forget about trying to compete with the Encore.

Knight Rifles

Inventory Reduction

Auction

June 6, 2009 at 11:00am

21852 Hwy J46

Centerville, Iowa 52544

641-856-2624 ext. 2

Approx. 300 Knight Rifles-centerfires and muzzleloaders, Cat F30 fork truck with charger, Miller Regency 200 wire welder, cutting torch, Kymco 500 MXU atv, warehouse racks, metal desks, plywood, 12 speed drill press, glass display cases, exhibit booths.

Des Moines Register Subclassification: Auctions 5/28/2009

Scroll down to #4. Not much, but something.
http://dmrclassifieds.com/cv3/desmoines ... t=Auctions

I finally got through to Knight & sent my Grandson's Vision in for correction of FTF problem. By the way, I predict Knight WILL be back in business after a re-structure to get back to the fine firearms they once produced.

I do not believe there is any chance of a shut down for more than getting some new machinery running. They are doing to much R&D to be considering shutting down. I will predict that next year they will shock the competition and make them do some hustling to catch up. Lee

It looks like we better stock up on spare breechplugs or we are going to have some very expensive tomato stakes in a few years.

Spoke to a woman today at Knight and she said they would still honor warranty issues with guns and ordering parts. She said she didn't think they would be making guns anymore that's all she was told.

Joes said:
Spoke to a woman today at Knight and she said they would still honor warranty issues with guns and ordering parts. She said she didn't think they would be making guns anymore that's all she was told.

Well obviously there's some truth to it if the ees are saying that. That sucks.

Its a shame that a great company like Knight may leave. The quality of may mk85 is great. their customer service was second to none.

I've always been a TC fan, but it absolutely sucks to hear about Knight. When I first looked at inlines, I looked at the Disc and the Black Diamond XR. Truth be known, the ONLY reason at the time I went with the BD, was the price. I absolutely love the BD XR, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have bought both.

There are numerous manufacturers out there, but TC and Knight have historically been the top 2. IMO.

I'm not giving up hope for Knight yet.

Not privy to inside info, but I heard there are some things going on by people to convince a new company to take over... and be more responsive to the what the MZ customer really wants.

edmehlig said:
Wonder if this is why Jim Shokey left Knight as he saw the writing on the walls?

No,,,I have it from an insider that he was promised x amount of dollars to renew his contract. Supposedly he thought a verbal commitment was made and Knight didn't follow through, claiming a misunderstanding had taken place. I can't mention names....But it was over money...NOT the rifles.

Latest posts

Back