Just when ya think?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh boy.........that'll make ya talk to yerself alright.......i dunno !!! Lol !!! Lordy how ya supposed to hunt with THAT ?????

EXACTLY!! I was trying to Prepare for my 1st years Hunt with a Muzzleloader when that was happening, I was on the Phone NON STOP with Idahoron, Asking him What in the HECK Could be Wrong? He had NO IDEA? It turned out to be the Steam Cleaner through the Flash Channel, BUT WHY? I stil Don’t know that Answer?

I have DEFINITELY Put my Time in :lewis: There isn’t much I haven’t seen :)

Here is another 1 to try, Try a Hard (9-9.5 BHN) Paper Patch Bullet in a 1:48 Twist Stock Renegade, We stil have No idea where those hit? The only shot i seen, dug a Hole in the Ground several feet in front of my Target, Bounced up and Busted my Wood Target Frame, The Other 3 Or So Shots WHO KNOWS where they went? I’m not sure it was Safe BEHIND the Gun :eek: :D

And another. Try a Hard Card Wad like a Nitro Card in a TC Hawken Or Renegade with a QLA Muzzle, Here is another WATCH OUT Scenario! They literally Fly ALL OVER the Mountain Side :eek: :D
LMAO !!! Id liable be introduceing them to my anvil if they dont stop that !!!

:roll: It wasn’t much of a Confidence builder, preparing for my 1st years hunt with a Muzzleloader thats for sure!! I don’t think i hunted with a Muzzleloader that year? I’m pretty sure I didn’t? I couldn’t trust them

Man you Have been through the ringer !!!! I dont know why some things act ignorant for no reason at all. I know what you mean though , ya GOTTA FIGURE THEM OUT !!!

:roll: It wasn’t much of a Confidence builder, preparing for my 1st years hunt with a Muzzleloader thats for sure!! I don’t think i hunted with a Muzzleloader that year? I’m pretty sure I didn’t? I couldn’t trust them
I would not trust that one either !!! That is such a sickening feeling . Work hard , save your money , and then ya get a boat paddle !!! LMAO but it Aint funny !!!

I would not trust that one either !!! That is such a sickening feeling . Work hard , save your money , and then ya get a boat paddle !!! LMAO but it Aint funny !!!
I had a slug shotgun 1 time that i never bothered to load !!! Wouldnt matter anyway.....i just went for Deer Camp !!!
:roll: i couldnt hit a barn if i stood inside it lmao oh my sides hurt

Man you Have been through the ringer !!!! I dont know why some things act ignorant for no reason at all. I know what you mean though , ya GOTTA FIGURE THEM OUT !!!

EXACTLY! But Truth is, i am Glad that EVERYTHING happened the way it did :lewis: I burned a LOT of Powder, and Wasted a LOT of Lead, it was Frustrating as HECK while i was going through it! I learned a LOT Back when i started! All of the BAD Outings Helped put me where i am Today :lewis:

EXACTLY! But Truth is, i am Glad that EVERYTHING happened the way it did :lewis: I burned a LOT of Powder, and Wasted a LOT of Lead, it was Frustrating as HECK while i was going through it! I learned a LOT Back when i started! All of the BAD Outings Helped put me where i am Today :lewis:
Oh boy......and thats the silver lining to it all . Whew , been a looong road at times .
I do kinda miss that slug gun though ..lmao ..again.....

Sorry bout that Lewis . I got to laughin so Hard i was outa control a bit there . Funny stuff but at the time youre sure not smilin . When you finally figure it out though it is Awesome !!!
Those ignition problems Are a nightmare though . Your pp shooter Really dont make any sense at All to me either . Funny how a mz will make you at times just "accept it" .

I have DEFINITELY Put my Time in :lewis: There isn’t much I haven’t seen :)

Here is another 1 to try, Try a Hard (9-9.5 BHN) Paper Patch Bullet in a 1:48 Twist Stock Renegade, We stil have No idea where those hit? The only shot i seen, dug a Hole in the Ground several feet in front of my Target, Bounced up and Busted my Wood Target Frame, The Other 3 Or So Shots WHO KNOWS where they went? I’m not sure it was Safe BEHIND the Gun :eek: :D

And another. Try a Hard Card Wad like a Nitro Card in a TC Hawken Or Renegade with a QLA Muzzle, Here is another WATCH OUT Scenario! They literally Fly ALL OVER the Mountain Side :eek: :D
Sounds like my luck out of my 50 cal Renegade with Maxi Hunters. I was probably pushing them too hard, but I doubt it with that shirt bullet and a 1/48 twist, they should have been fine. Wouldn’t shoot them though, at 70 yards the ones that hit the backstop went through it sideways. This was back when I first started some 35 years ago and I didn’t know a thing about sizing, proper fit, etc... and it’s been too long ago I don’t recall how they pushed down.

Lew, you regained your title as "The Best Caster"!! :dance2: Not to mention you were always and will remain one of the best, most accurate ML shooters! :bravo: It would surprise me if your 1-40 bullets sized closer to your bore would shoot just as good. Then you would know for sure what your bbl Likes!

Lew, you regained your title as "The Best Caster"!! :dance2: Not to mention you were always and will remain one of the best, most accurate ML shooters! :bravo: It would surprise me if your 1-40 bullets sized closer to your bore would shoot just as good. Then you would know for sure what your bbl Likes!

You cast a Bullet EVERY BIT as Good as i do My Friend! We just Cast 2 Different Ways (Ladle, And Bottom Pour) I have Shown in Video, and Bragged about your Bullets MANY Times :lewis: You cast a SUPER SHARP, NICE Bullet!! I have shot them as Good as anything i own, Your Lyman Gould SOLD me! I had to Have a Mold

As I’ve said MANY times, I believe a guy is better off to Learn Ladle Casting, These Bottom Pour Pots Require TLC to Run Properly, i just got Done Stripping 1 of mine Down and Cleaning the Rust out of the Spout, ROYAL PITA! But i am so accustomed to Casting with them, That I’m willing to Deal with it. If you don’t understand a Bottom Pour Pot THOROUGHLY, You will fight them NONSTOP. This is why MANY Folks give up on them and Go to Ladle Casting. But as you can see, if you put the Time in and Learn a Bottom Pour, You can Turn Out BEAUTIFUL, PERFECTLY Cast Bullets with them. It’s All in what we get use to? The KEY to success is to STICK WITH IT, til you PERFECT IT :lewis: Whatever Method of Casting you Choose?

I bet that barrel will shoot both once the sizing gets worked out . Got a "feeling" its an exceptional barrel . No hair pullin for this one i believe !!!
Did you prep this bore Lewis before you shot it ?? Im betting you did . :thumb: You watch , she will shoot both !!!

I bet that barrel will shoot both once the sizing gets worked out . Got a "feeling" its an exceptional barrel . No hair pullin for this one i believe !!!
Did you prep this bore Lewis before you shot it ?? Im betting you did . :thumb: You watch , she will shoot both !!!

I would bet on it also that it will shoot both just as well! :lewis:

Last edited:

I did! I do the Lee Shaver’s Barrel Break in Process to EVERY Barrel i own, and that’s before i EVER Shoot them.

All around accuracy in a large number of rifles, lower pressure but still gives great velocity, doesn't have as hard of fouling (IMO) as the 2F and 3F. I have two dozen ML'ers and 1.5F can handle all my .45 & .54 bullet rifles and .54, .58, .66, .69, .72 rounds ball rifles with aplomb.

Latest posts

Back