Just a couple of dinkers!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well me and my pal PK had a great time this week but no big ones to report. We saw some nice bucks but the only real good one either of us saw was screaming across a field about 800 yards away. We passed on tons of does and several small bucks early on as well. Wensday evening right at about the end of the day I was getting ready to leave my stand when I saw this buck about 110 yards away, slipping though the brush. I got a glimpse of his rack and he looked decent. I picked out a hole in the brush and as he was walking through I dropped a bomb through the hole for a forward angle raking shot. I had no time to look and decide, it was just shoot or pass. I hit him right on the money though and the Barnes 300 gr original made a complete pass through and the buck dropped after a couple more steps. When I got down to him I discovered it was a half rack buck ! Thursday morning was PK's last day to hunt and we had 15 does go by our stand. A spike came rolling in and started to circle down wind. PK was not gonna shoot but I talked him into shooting him as he was gonna bust us anyway. He made a perfect dbl lung shot at 40 yards and again complete pass through with the Barnes and 2 steps and down. We had a great time but the big one will get to slide until next year. Oh well better luck next year I reckon.
100_0083.jpg

Good goin there Dwight! I DOES make you feel better to see the fur fly every once in a while! I'm glad you each got one apiece!

Way to go Dwight! Is that the buddy you set up with a 10ML?

Sounds like you guys had a fun time! 2 more weeks till our deer season... it will be open for about a week then it will be back to bow only..

I hope to have such luck! :lol:

JJ

Yeah JJ that is the same guy, he was really tickled with his new rifle. Took him to the range Friday and he nailed everything he shot at and was ready to go. He said " No more shotguns for me, I am gonna use this Savage from now on."
BTW the spike he shot was his first muzzleloader kill and I think he is hooked. :wink:

Did you guys know there was a UFO er sumpin back behind ya? :wink:

Congrats on the hunt success(es).

UC you found out my secret, the little green men tell me where to hunt!

Congrats to you Dwight & Your buddy!! Nice buck there!!! I'm still ridin on the thrill of that lil doe Loggy took last monty!! Headin for bear tomorrow & then our buck opens next week. I think were all havin too much fun! :wink:

Sounds like you guys had a memorable hunt for sure.

Congrats on the successful hunt!! Looks and sounds like you had a blast. Them darn big ones rarely seem to cooperate.

Latest posts

Back