Jim Shockey now with T/C?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Shockey is no longer sponsored by Knight.

Further, several of the APP Encore kill pictures are not legit-- the Encore was stripped in the photos, though the animals were ACTUALLY taken with Knights.

RandyWakeman said:

Further, several of the APP Encore kill pictures are not legit-- the Encore was stripped in the photos, though the animals were ACTUALLY taken with Knights.

How do you know Shockey is no longer sponsored by Knight? Are you saying the photos were doctored and were deliberately done so or the captions were untrue?

Shockey is no longer with Knight and his show is being sponsored by T/C, that I know for fact. As for the other allegations I have no idea what animals were shot with which rifle or what testing was done with which brand of muzzleloader.

RandyWakeman said:

Where do these pictures appear Randy?

Ok thanks! I thought maybe it was online and I wasn't at the right place.

I was reading a couple articles since his switch. He really likes the Encore. But at the $700.00 price range it will be hard to promote as a Muzzleloader.

DeerNut said:
Jim Shockey issued a statement about why he switched to TC. Its worth a read. From what everyone has said about the Revolution, I don't blame him.

http://www.jimshockey.com/news/news.asp?ID=1389

Seems to be more of a personal choice than money, as everyone seems to suggest.

That's interesting... EQUALLY interesting is this review from a hunter that went on one of his outfitted hunts...

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=1132700966

DeerNut said:
Jim Shockey issued a statement about why he switched to TC. Its worth a read. From what everyone has said about the Revolution, I don't blame him.

http://www.jimshockey.com/news/news.asp?ID=1389

Seems to be more of a personal choice than money, as everyone seems to suggest.

after reading that article i tend to agree. i assume that if you are on staff with a particular company, then that company will expect you to use their latest rifle offering. that means that, if shockey stuck with knight, he'd probably have to use the revolution (or maybe the vision this year). i seriously doubt they would let him continue to hunt with, say, a discontinued disc elite.

FOR ANYONE THAT QUESTIONS IF THE DECISION WAS MADE FOR MONEY I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE AND WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO GO INTO DETAILS IN THAT REGARD TO NOT ONLY PROVE THAT THIS WASN?T THE CASE BUT IN FACT THERE IS LESS COMPENSATION ULTIMATELY FOR MAKING THE SWITCH. SO ANYONE THAT QUESTIONS MY INTEGRITY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAS NOT ABOUT MONEY THIS WAS ABOUT DOING WHAT WAS RIGHT

:puke:

Certainly not a very favorable review posted by the hunter who hired Shockey.

RandyWakeman said:
FOR ANYONE THAT QUESTIONS IF THE DECISION WAS MADE FOR MONEY I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE AND WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO GO INTO DETAILS IN THAT REGARD TO NOT ONLY PROVE THAT THIS WASN?T THE CASE BUT IN FACT THERE IS LESS COMPENSATION ULTIMATELY FOR MAKING THE SWITCH. SO ANYONE THAT QUESTIONS MY INTEGRITY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAS NOT ABOUT MONEY THIS WAS ABOUT DOING WHAT WAS RIGHT

:puke:

the emphasis on knight being a "big corporation" that makes billions of dollars that tony knight doesnt have anything to do with anymore was rather curious . . . :? seriously, does it really make any billions more than t/c makes? :think:

Rifleman said:
Certainly not a very favorable review posted by the hunter who hired Shockey.

Yeah and that was my point... His hunts are EXPENSIVE for the type of hunt. One SHOULD expect a hunt second to none.. So it's just to point out he's still a "do as I say, not as I do" person. Money OR a clashing of personalities are the likely reasons...

Not that I'm all about Knight either. The Revolution is not revolutionary, the Vision is still just that, and the Disc Elite is no more. Not a single sound business decision among any of these...

It seems to me he could have been promoting the LONG RANGE.....at least until the Vision become visable, which according to Knight should be visible some time in the spring of 06.

Several months ago I sent the Magilla story to Tony Knight at Knight Rifles. But he's not there? :shock:

At least I still have Santa Claus :cry:

to me, the vision is a visibly ugly rifle. others may disagree

OH MY :shock:
Isn't Shockey up in Bigfoot terrritory! Could this be? Could it mean,
Bigfoots in UFO"S working for the Government abducted the link?
Is this the beginning of another conspiracy theory? :lol: :lol:

Back