I've just about had it!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am lucky i guess , most the the places i go to around here don't really bash products or the other stores . if the sales people don't like another store they just don't sent anyone there , And they sell TC. Knight and CVA and Traditions and let the customers decide on what they can afford . I think you can't go wrong with any of the muzzle loaders being sold , they all can shoot and kill game . Most of the product bashing i deal with comes from forums ( NOT HERE ) :D more than anywhere . I have stopped looking at many forums fort that reason .

younghunter_86 said:
I totally understand. I've wanted to post something like this for a long time. Sometimes I go just to see what the salesman(woman) can come up with today? It is frustrating though when a friend or relative goes to a chain store and gets filled with BS.

There is a certain store located in Ankeny, IA that REALLY frustrates me for a multitude of reasons. I won't mention names but it is the only sporting goods store there.

I know the one of which you speak!

old/new said:
:? Spit...I guess you caused a furor :!:

Hope when you woke up and read this you realize we all seem to have had the same experiences.

So this is what the inside of a hornets nest looks like! :lol:

:lol: :p Spitpatch: Why don't you tell us how you really felt. :D

Most of the sales people from my local stores only know about as much as the person that trained them for that position. Most store "chains" like wallyworld aren't going to hire the fella that has been around and has actual experience for 15 an hour, when they can train somebody else for the same job for minimum wage. Regardless of the store, most places only keep items stocked on whats been around and available for the past 10 years or so. Ask them about ordering a Stainless Savage MLII, BH209 and some black short MMP's and they will stare at you like a deer in headlights! I'm not knocking anybody for just doing there job, but i just agree if you want better advice and selecion you are better off on the internet or driving a ways for a "good" shop.

Ya Tom, I did sleep a long time! :lol:

Now would just like to say, I am used to the crap I get from these stores...

I shop the internet, and the forums, and I might add, even one of the local shops on a regular basis. I do consider myself somewhat tough, being shot at on more than one ocassion, (long story). In other words, I don't bruise easily.
But when that clerk got that funny look on his face, you know the look.....almost an eye roll :roll: and then walked away in the middle of our conversation,,,,well, that was almost more than I could bare.

I personally don't begrudge anyone for what they shoot. We all start at the beginning and travel different paths to get to the same end....to feed the gift that God placed within your bones, and to naturally want to share it with those around us that we love. Albeit your son or daughter, or....anyway I'm rambling. (I do that if I write to long).

One thing we all agree on....we are anti-vest!

AND until the perfect muzzle loader is made...I'll keep searching...Fun, Huh?

:wink:

I agree with your post Jim. I have yet to find a retailer or store that knows anything about a MZ. ( Inlines that is... I know nothing about the traditional stuff )

I rarely if ever talk to the "vests" about much of anything pertaining to hunting. I learn far more from pals, forums and the internet that I ever have from the sales counter.

Thanks for the tip Tom. But, it's just twice the price of MY perfect muzzy. :wink:

Well said Spit. The last time I went into a major sporting goods store, I was next to a salesman who stated to another customer "People say that they have taken 150-200yd kills with a shotgun or muzzleloader. They can say all they want, I know that it doesn't happen." He said this to a individual new to hunting and in his early 20's. I should have spoken up, but I wanted him to show just how ignorant he is. This was an older individual who you would think has experience. Apparently, most people are only there and are hired for the paycheck. They don't necessarily have to have knowledge and expertice in what they sell.

My dad and I have proven salesmen wrong on numerous occasions "They've never made that." OR "We've never carried that." (When you bought it at THAT store the previous year)

Kind of makes you wonder who the newbies should really be talking to. The supposed "experts" called sales in big name stores, or the folks like the ones in this website. Unfortunately, a big number of newbies probably wouldn't think of coming to sites like this BEFORE they buy.

I would like a perfect muzzle loader too, but mine won't have a plastic stock or a bolt action. Lee

I'm with ya spit.
A guy at one store wanted me to bring in my Encore so he could mount and boresight my scope,I said na!,I'll do it,the guy you have doing it was probably selling shoes last week.

saxman1 said:
I'm with ya spit.
A guy at one store wanted me to bring in my Encore so he could mount and boresight my scope,I said na!,I'll do it,the guy you have doing it was probably selling shoes last week.

I love it! I love it!
:lol: :lol:

Lee 9 .....I agree, my perfect muzzle loader won't have a plastic stock either. But I'm staying open as to the action... Ive had both in equal numbets and the bolt carries much weight with me. Maybe something built on a Ruger 1 action. Who knows?

Oh, I know....a smokless built from a Ruger 1. Come on....somebody say it...anyone have one? Thoughts??

Latest posts

Back