Its about time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Earlier this year I purchased a Knight Disc Elite 45 from a forum member and have not had a chance to get out and shoot it yet as I didn't have any optice for it. Well I ordered the new Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 for my savage .243 and I'm putting the Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 from the savage on the Elite, I also ordered a set of warne maxima rings and bases. Come this time next week I should be shooting her and seeing what she can do. It already has a Lehigh comversion and is set up for Rem STS primers which I have managed to get about 300 of them so far. I also have a bottle and a partial of BH. Here is a list of bullets I have accumulated for the Elite.

100 38 cal hornady XTP 158 gr
12 38 cal JSP 158 gr.
12 35 cal hornady FTX 200 gr. most likey not going to shoot well from this gun
21 40 cal lehigh 200 gr
62 40 cal lehigh 185 gr
12 40 cal hornady SST 200 gr
12 40 cal. hornady XTP 200 gr
100 40 cal seirra 180 gr JHP
Close to 200 40 cal. speer 180 gr gold dot
12 40 cal hornady XTP 155 gr

A lot of these were sent to me by another member to try mostly the smaller quantities, but I have added to those numbers. I only hope the temps stay down. I have MMP sabots in tan and blue plus some harvester crush rib.

Sounds like you have a heck of a lot of fun with in your future! Isn't it fun as plans/dreams come together like this.

I just got back from Bass Pro and picked up another can of BH and 200 more W209 primers, they were out of the Rem STS. However I'm lucky enough to have an extra plug that will work with the W209.

I have to say that since joining this place I have become addicted to this sport. My very first gun was a Knight LK-93, I bought it used from a friend of my father for $100 and that included everything I needed to load shoot and clean the gun. I hunted with it for many years but eventually lending to my father for a season destroyed the barrel. So I cleaned it up the best I could and sold it once I bought my KRB. Think I let the gun go for $60 shipped and it turned out to still shoot conicals really well but I bet the barrel is a pain to clean. Man I ahve to say that I love my Knights and want a lot more of them. I have a .50 and a slow .45, I have been eyeing the fast .45 in the classifieds for a while and it is hard to stay away from but I have hope of an Ultra Light fast .45, I aslo wast a .52 and a .54. The day I bought the Elite I had taken $400 cash to a local shop for a Remington 700 Stainless 45 that was in good shape but he would not budget on his price so I walked. I saw the add for the Elite and l knew it would be mine.

Dude,

I think the ML bug has a good hold on you too. :wink: 8) I shot my old CVA for years hunting deer in Ohio, till the eyes and Iron sites stopped working so well together, or used my old Ithaca 37. I always hunted upstate Ny with centerfire though. Once I got my first inline, the MK-95, I pretty much stopped using centerfires or shotgun for deer and black bear, I still like shooting them now and then though. That ML bug only got deeper in me after finding this site too. Even my family asks me every season, "Is that all you hunt with now"? :lol: "Pretty Much" is my usual answer. My nephew has even stopped hunting with a shotgun and uses either his CVA Wolf or his bow.

I never really had much interest in the .45cals, but have to admit that seeing what the guys here are doing with the fast twists and newer bullets, has definitely got my attention. Now adding one to my collection is on the list.

I think from the looks of your list you have some fun in store. Keep us up to date on your progress.
At least I will be watching. :wink:

Like you said if we can just get a break from the humidity, that would take some of the fun out of it for me. :( I am still trying to get my spunk back after moving my safe yesterday. I think the temp was about 84* or so but it was real bad with the high humidity we had here on the Island, just plain wore me out!

Well that man in the brown truck brought my order today, I was excite until I realized that my Warne bases were back ordered and did not arrive with the rest of my stuff. However I did get my scope and a reveiw will follow with pictures and my rings.

Back