Is this the final word in muzzleloading propellants?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to know where you guys are getting T7 for $20 and change - around me it varies from $22-24 for 2F to $27-28 for 3F.

For an extra 2$, this really isn't a big deal at least for me. If the locals keep raising the price of T7, I'll be migrating to Pyrodex. At least it's still in the 16$ range for the gravel grade. :lol:

t7

Wihill Mao Mart for $13 but you might be out of luck by now and this late.

wihill said:
I just want to know where you guys are getting T7 for $20 and change - around me it varies from $22-24 for 2F to $27-28 for 3F.

:lol:

Good point... this goes for me as well.

I am getting T7 at Sportsmans Warehouse, White Elephant, Joe's, and The Black Sheep Sporting Goods... Wal-marts regular price is a little higher than the places mentioned above until the end of the year.

Thanks for the review and your range time results wished the Disc Elite had better results since it is my only ML and was really hoping for it to get even better with using this new powder. I will wait and see what you find the rasonand if you can get better results with a Disc Elite. Can't really afford to buy a new Knight when I have an Elite.

Oh well seems that it just hope that you learn why it hang fires and can give many like me that have an Elite a reason to try this new powder and it stops hanging firing...

Great Report...

Thanks,
LFM

LFM said:
Thanks for the review and your range time results wished the Disc Elite had better results since it is my only ML and was really hoping for it to get even better with using this new powder. I will wait and see what you find the rasonand if you can get better results with a Disc Elite. Can't really afford to buy a new Knight when I have an Elite.

Oh well seems that it just hope that you learn why it hang fires and can give many like me that have an Elite a reason to try this new powder and it stops hanging firing...

Great Report...

Thanks,
LFM

IMO...WORST case senerio...the Knight non-FPJ breech plug kit should fix
it! That is the exact same ignition system as on my Knight LRH. Guess what? I ordered one myself TODAY from Midsouth! Here is the link:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00061900044

That's not much to pay and it would quickly pay for itselft in FPJs!

Please let us know what you think of the conversion kit. Several years back, I installed a 209 conversion (non-plastic jacket) on a model MK-85. It was the most miserable rifle to prime that I ever owned. I have a couple of the Extremes and would love to get away from the jackets, if you find that the conversion primes easily.

Chuck, I may be wrong-but I think that plug will not work with the Disc type bolt rifles as good as the newer version where you have the breech plug and an insert you place in your bolt. Theres no picture and that is why I am leary about it. The one on Knights website lists for $39. I hope it works though.

Disregard, I just saw Lanes post and part numbers, pictures are the same. :oops:

Whats the consensus on that plug sealing the blowback?

MQ32shooter said:
Chuck, I may be wrong-but I think that plug will not work with the Disc type bolt rifles as good as the newer version where you have the breech plug and an insert you place in your bolt. Theres no picture and that is why I am leary about it. The one on Knights website lists for $39. I hope it works though.

It won't work with a Disc rifle at all. It has to be converted first. I'd contact Knight and explain what you want. Maybe they can help you.

I'm betting it (NFPJ), Will work :wink:

And the original Elite plug would probably work also, but with some limited blow-back. 8)

wihill said:

For an extra 2$, this really isn't a big deal at least for me. If the locals keep raising the price of T7, I'll be migrating to Pyrodex. At least it's still in the 16$ range for the gravel grade. :lol:

Got 4lbs for $7 a pound last month at Walmart. That was right before I heard about this powder. Now I wonder if I should have waited.

Anyone else notice that Toby Bridges seems to be getting significantly higher velocities with B209 than listed here?

lane said:

It can't. It won't fit in the cutout. It was machined for the Extreme boltface cutout. I could be wrong but from looking at the picture below you drop a primer in the hole, close the bolt and it seats it for you. Pull back on the bolt and it pulls it free so you can drop it out.
boltfaces.jpg

The Disc rifle bolt does not pull back. It's strictly up and down and accommodates a smaller Disc. The little notch on an Extreme is for the little disc tab to lock it in. It's no longer needed but still there on the Extremes, Elites, LRH's.

Pat

My Disc Elite bolt pulls back just like the LRH. I am assuming the LRH and Elite bolt are identical.

My posts are concerning the Elite, not the Bighorn or original Disc rifles that used the old Orange jackets.

Sorry for any confusion I may have generated :shock: :)

Patrick White said:
lane said:

It can't. It won't fit in the cutout. It was machined for the Extreme boltface cutout. I could be wrong but from looking at the picture below you drop a primer in the hole, close the bolt and it seats it for you. Pull back on the bolt and it pulls it free so you can drop it out.
boltfaces.jpg

The Disc rifle bolt does not pull back. It's strictly up and down and accommodates a smaller Disc. The little notch on an Extreme is for the little disc tab to lock it in. It's no longer needed but still there on the Extremes, Elites, LRH's.

Patrick,

Are you saying this LRH bolt is available for the Extreme series? ? ? ? ? ? ? :shock:

lane said:
Pat

My Disc Elite bolt pulls back just like the LRH. I am assuming the LRH and Elite bolt are identical.

My posts are concerning the Elite, not the Bighorn or original Disc rifles that used the old Orange jackets.

Sorry for any confusion I may have generated :shock: :)

Extreme, LRH, and Elite bolts are all the same. The Original Disc is the odd man out. I only commented because I was reading your response as the Original disc. Sorry. I just didn't want someone with an Original disc buying the non fpj plug and expecting it to work. :(

Doohan said:
Patrick,

Are you saying this LRH bolt is available for the Extreme series? ? ? ? ? ? ?

As far as I can tell, it's the same bolt. It just has a piece added to the bolt face for the non fpj plug. There's a good picture at the link below of the insert and breechplug. I'm sure Chuck can confirm that.

http://www.knightrifles.com/productDeta ... ?id=900044

I know when the adapter is on you drop the primer in the slot that is there and when closing the bolt there is a smaller open space. Probably 1/16 or so opening compared to almost 1/4 with the plastic jackets.

If that is the case, I may order a spankin new Extreme.. :twisted:

Back