How about handguns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and enjoy auto-loader pistols, but I really like revolvers just for the fun I get out of them. I'd rather read articles on revolvers by Taffin or Mike Venturino than about the latest magazine accepting polymer pistol.
For serious work, like defense, then I go back to my pistols.
Ron

Ron ,
Im kinda the same way I basically love any hand gun. I usually use a revolver for hunting ,with the exception of my 10mm Glock it has several hogs to its credit . But for defense almost always carry a pistol

Ron ,
Im kinda the same way I basically love any hand gun. I usually use a revolver for hunting ,with the exception of my 10mm Glock it has several hogs to its credit . But for defense almost always carry a pistol
Mark, how do you like that Glock? A lot of folks don't like the trigger. It takes some getting used to, but like you, I do love the Glocks. The only revolvers I have is that .44 Ruger Super Redhawk and the 1847 Walker black powder, only use them for hunting. Ruger 9mm & Springfield M&P 40C for carry.

I have a big hand 48 and I had one of those 10mm Glocks. I could not stand the grip. Give me a Rock Island 10mm in 1911.

I love my Glocks ,I have 9 of them and always hunting for more to add to my collection. I have several 1911's in 45ACP and 9mm but not a 10 mm only 10 I have is my old Gen 2 G20 its before they put the finger groves on them most of my others have the groves removed and a beavertail add to the grip makes them easier to handle for me.Glock G20 beavertail.jpg

I dont have any problems with the Glock triggers I put in new springs and polish the trigger bar makes a big difference . Stock triggers to rough feeling for me.

I dont have any problems with the Glock triggers I put in new springs and polish the trigger bar makes a big difference . Stock triggers to rough feeling for me.
Thanks for the info. I agree on the springs and trigger job. Makes a nice smooth pull.

Damn flash went out on me but you can still see my new grips on my NM SBH. Please pardon all of the clutter on my desk. Grips by that famous "Mississippi Mud Bug" Sid in Tupelo. Go to his website, what an artist!.....Mossie

Attachments

• P9290122.JPG
    P9290122.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 13
  • P9290123.JPG
    P9290123.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 12
Like Ron, I find revolvers really fun to shoot and reload for. The only, so far, hunting I do with a .22LR pistol is for small game. My problem with centerfire pistols is the way they consider empty brass to be worthless when I value them like gold. This is why I haven't hunted with cf pistols.

Im a brass chaser too Never come home from the range without more brass then I left home with. With the exception of my 10 Mm I never thought any of my pistols were a caliber suited for hunting game.

Im a brass chaser too Never come home from the range without more brass then I left home with. With the exception of my 10 Mm I never thought any of my pistols were a caliber suited for hunting game.

I border on being obsessed with collecting brass. Before we moved to Maine I had a couple hundred pounds of assorted brass. I sold or gave away all of it except for several thousand rounds of .38 spl, .45 acp, .45 Colt, ..380/.38 sup/9mm/.44 spl/.44 & .41 mag and on and on.

I even had 10s of thousands of brass for guns I don't, never have and never will own. I have to watch myself when I go to the range lest I spend most of the time brasss scrounging. Wonderful obsession.

I start by saving a bunch of brass thats for a caliber I dont own then I brake down and get a set of dies and a gun to use it. Seems to be a never ending problem I have cant find a cure and really not looking for one very hard. Brass collecting has no known cure that Ive ever heard of.

I start by saving a bunch of brass thats for a caliber I dont own then I brake down and get a set of dies and a gun to use it. Seems to be a never ending problem I have cant find a cure and really not looking for one very hard. Brass collecting has no known cure that Ive ever heard of.

Been there, done that. I see nothing illogical about finding some brass for a gun you don't have and then getting the gun so as not to waste good brass.

Last year I had a friend give me 1000 pieces of 22 Hornet brass about half was fireformed K Hornet .so i bought a 22 K Hornet barrel for my Contender Carbine . Thats been one of the best shooting barrels Ive ever had.

It's really tough to answer when someone asks you "what's your favorite pistol, revolver, etc. I always have to hedge my reply by saying "depends on favorite for what?" With that in mind lets talk about cf sidearms. What's your favorite for various jobs or just plain favorite(s). I'll putt in with mine a bit farther down.
My new favorite is my S & W model 57 with 6” barrel. Seems to be a revolver I can really shoot. A Rogers & Spencer held that title before.

For hunting, my favorite CF is my Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag. 9-1/2" barrel red/green dot reflex sight.
For protection, my Smith & Wesson M & P 40C.

Latest posts

Back