Hernia surgery, well crap!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of hernias reminded me of when I had my gall bladder surgery. It was supposed to be a same day cut but something wasn't just right once the man with the knive got in there so it was a full cut, maybe 7". They said I'd be in the hospital a week, but I was home in 54 hours. Hate hospitals. Anyway. the day I got home things were a bit stiff as far as movement went but I pretty much stayed in bed and read. That night a thunderstorm rolled thru and lightning struck a neighbor's tree, maybe 250 feet from the bedroom window. The thunderclap that followed startled the hell out of me and I sat right up.... fast.... wrong thing to do. As soon as I got laid back down it was lights out again, but I'll never forget the feeling of being torn in half when I sat up that quickly.
Oh man forgive me but when I read this I almost started laughing. Which I am quite certain could be a bit painful at the moment.
I can only imagine what that must have been like.
Definitely made me smile.

I think that nowadays they want to get you moving and out of the hospital as fast as possible. After my heart bypass surgery they had me sitting in a lounge chair the next day. Major production with all of the tubes and wires etc. then on the third day they had me walking up and down the hall too plus all of the tubes as well. Then on the fourth day they unplugged everything and had me out of the hospital by the end of the day. Thus they don’t want you just lying there for several days anymore. Your muscles atrophy very fast just laying there in bed.

I have had 2 surgical repairs,
Last one had mesh , felt it for a while at first, Now years later nothing

Back