T/C Hawkin .50 GMB 1/70 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
this is a shooter!!i've never shot a flintlock before today,or real black powder either.this is just fun.my first 3 shots using 90gr.goex 2f under a .020 pillow tick patch lubed with lehigh valley patch lube and a .495 speer rb was a 4" horz. string centered on the bull.this was standing but resting the fore stock on a window sill at the camp.then i started shooting offhand and kept most inside the previous group.i then switched to 90gr.goex 3f and again used a front rest.this seemed to shrink delay time and the horz.stringing,this also raised poi about 1".in the pan i was using goex 4f with a little tc pan priming flask.on the lock a german agate.if i learned anything today it was rocklocks are fun and to order more round balls..........karl

You sound like me when I got my first flintlock. I had no idea how to shoot it, but I went out in the yard that day and wore out two flints and a LOT of powder. Flintlocks are really a fun way to spend the afternoon on the range.

Sounds like you have a real good shooter there. Get more balls and powder. You're going to need them...

Back