Graf Classic Black Powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PNWtrekker

Reaction score
Anybody use the Graf Classic? I was thinking of buying some 2F when my Swiss runs out.

Anybody use the Graf Classic? I was thinking of buying some 2F when my Swiss runs out.
I have Graf/Schuetzen. Its decent but is not as fast of velocity as Swiss grain for grain. Now its cheaper per pound but i really prefer the Swiss. I just got 6 containers of one pound of it for $19 per pound, vs Swiss at $31 a pound. I will buy 6 pounds of Swiss in another month for my next15 years supply.

You just missed no hazmat fee for over $150 last week...

That said, it is Schutzen in a different labeled container, product description even says it is made and packaged for grafs by schutzen.

I've got about a half pound of Schutzen 3f left, then I'll be digging into a pound of the grafs. Doubt I'll see any more difference than normal lot-to-lot variations.

Thanks for the replies. I so the heads up on the no hazmat. I just had too much random stuff I am trying to use up to justify a big order. Do those no Hazmat offers come periodically through the year?

Thanks for the replies. I so the heads up on the no hazmat. I just had too much random stuff I am trying to use up to justify a big order. Do those no Hazmat offers come periodically through the year?
Yes they do offer that several times a year. Just me but maybe sometimes if you were able to order more than the minimum that may wave the Haz. mat fee. Always worth asking, i will watch myself . I will be ordering 6-10 pounds of Swiss 3 f later this Summer or early Fall.

Yes, I use it all the time. I shoot original double barrel shotguns build in the 1860's. I Use there 1F to keep pressures low and not damage these old guns I have Three 12 ga. and one 13ga. kill a lot of small game here in Virginia. Will be ordering soon as they get back in stock..

Geez y'all just be scared. I have 6 lbs. of the Graf's Holy Blk, its better n faster than Goex. I use to claim no to it until i got it n shot it. Yes Swiss is a bit better grade n some faster than Graf's/Schuetzen. Swiss is the best, then its a toss up between OLD'En's n Graf's/Schuetzen. Goex will come in last on what i have shot. There be other older powders but they were not as good as Goex n so i would not even buy them.

I do. It’s really Schuetzen powder and at $22 a container it’s a steal. I just got in an order from them and of course the free hazmat was offered days after my order arrived. Still way cheaper than paying $38 a container at the only shop in my area.

I bought 6 lbs of Graf's just before the price hits and shortages and haven't opened a can yet. There already were a few pounds of Goex and JBP in my bunker and the little shooting I've managed since was with Goex. It may be a while before I need to touch the Graf's. I have no problem with Goex or JBP and the performance in my sidelocks lacks nothing.

Drove 76 miles one way on the search of Graf, GoEx, Swiss Graf is good as the others cut my teeth on it...However whenever at Wally World, Rural King, TSC I grab a pound of Pyrodex. Save myself the hunt of Dicks, Cabelas, BassPro which black powder is usually $10 to $15 bucks more. Eh Pyrodex saves me road rage, Gas and is cheaper, huh me it is a no brainer.

Back