Frogging Beavers!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beaver for sure.
They travel back and forth over the dam. I always heard it called a “slide”. ID the slide and put the #330 at the bottom of the slide half submerged and you will own him in a night or two. Push a few sticks down through the springs to block the sides of the trap. Leave the trigger area open and he will go through the opening where the trigger awaits.
Refer to YouTube and many ways to set for beaver.

Maybe but some city's have even banned them where I used to live they banned wrist rockets
That's why i don't live in a State, City, County with Libtards running the Show. I know my Pa would roll over in his grave to know how this generation of American's have become. I am ashamed of serving in this Country's military for almost 10 years ! Just to allow these scum bags to dance around & protest

Thread name alittle misleading. I was expecting something totally different!!!!
🤣🤣
Me too, disappointing really.
And I can’t have any fun with the topic without getting into hot water sucks too.
I’d have already used dynamite or 50lbs of tannerite & in dam them damn beavers & been done with it

Use a rope to reset.
Take about a 6’ piece of rope and put a loop in on end that you can get your foot into. Run the end of the rope up through the round end of the coil springs that enclose the jaws of the trap. Once it’s up through the two coils drop the rope down and come back up through both coils the second time. Then pull the rope and that will compress the spring with little effort on your part. Set the safety on that spring and then do the second spring.

Getting help to reset the Conibear trap. These traps are really good, but respect what they could do to yourself!
I have some long time tongs made for the trap. But even so takes some serious effort. And my wife will not set the safeties!

My handyman is very helpful.

He wants the beaver and will skin it for me including the tail. He wants the meat. He said the meat is a "delicatessen."

I have it in a garbage can with ice.

Attachments

• IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Use a rope to reset.
Take about a 6’ piece of rope and put a loop in on end that you can get your foot into. Run the end of the rope up through the round end of the coil springs that enclose the jaws of the trap. Once it’s up through the two coils drop the rope down and come back up through both coils the second time. Then pull the rope and that will compress the spring with little effort on your part. Set the safety on that spring and then do the second spring.
So compound leverage with the rope! I LIKE!

Latest posts

Back