Frogging Beavers!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DAMN! They are damming up my spillway of my lake. Unfortunately I live very well within the City limits and firearms are not good. Have some 330 Conibear Traps.

A friend used a pitchfork to move the debris. Left it there and came back a few days and the Beavers had incorporate it into their new dam.

I have set them and careful!

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
I worked for a highway department back in the early 90s. We used a bunch of stuff to keep beavers from creating road hazards. Traps were one of them until a few Bambi-tized citizens petitioned to have the traps removed. The first thing is to stop them from putting stuff in the culvert. We had to rip a culvert out because of rocks and debris were wedged in so tight it was impossible to loosen them up. Wire concrete mesh panels can be put in at the head of the culvert. We took well casings and put them leading out of the wire mesh enclosure. The beaver will plug up the wire mesh enclosure but the water will continue to drain through the well casings. Google "how do you prevent beaver from plugging culverts". Lots of similar ideas there. Warning, there will be a lot of maintenance needed to deal with them. Good luck

In Long Lake NY two beaver dams upstream above the town gave way during a heavy rain storm and flooded the town, took out a major road and damaged a bridge.

I think connibears are illegal as land sets. They're supposed to be drowning sets. Otherwise you catch your neighbors beagle. Find a real knowledgable trapper, they will catch'em quickly, legally and safely. If your dam was designed by the NRCS, contact them for guidance.

I think connibears are illegal as land sets. They're supposed to be drowning sets. Otherwise you catch your neighbors beagle. Find a real knowledgable trapper, they will catch'em quickly, legally and safely. If your dam was designed by the NRCS, contact them for guidance.
I have been told to put them in the water, near the spillway and shore.

Latest posts

Back