First time to the range with new disc elite----16 shots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prostreetcamaro

Reaction score
Well I got my disc elite to the range today. Got it on paper after the first shot and the 3rd shot was dead on at 25 yards. I went right ahead and shot out to 100 yards and started sighting it in. With 2 T7 pellets and 245 grain knight spitzer boattail I was getting groups that were almost touching. I had an occasional shot off the mark but I am pretty sure it was my fixed 4X32 scope. At 100 yards I feel like I am useing open sights because it doesnt draw it in close enough for me. After this deer season I am going to get a new scope.

What scope would you guys go with?

Also I shot it 16 times with a simple 1 wet patch then 1 dry and it never loaded hard at all. I could feel the crud ring near the breech but the wet patch seemed to dissolve it instantly and the dry patch was smooth all the way down and up the barrel.

It depends on your price range

I bought a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3x9x40 It has a 4" eye rel.
witha circle X retical , I only paied $ 68.00 for it I thought I paid $ 78.00 but my wife corrected me as always she was right .
I thought I would Buy a more Expenssive scope next year BUT after
shooting this one I don't want another one VERY VERY CLEAR & BRIGHT I'll stick with this one for a long time.

Lungbuster1

I was thinking $250 or less. For the most part the gun will be used for hunting only. Honestly most of my shots tend to be 70 yards or less because I mainly hunt in the woods but I do have 1 spot that may give me longer shots. I was thinking a leupold VX-I or a Nikon pro staff? Then again that omega scope with the extra rets might be nice? I will have to think about this I guess.

The scope thats on it is a bushnell dusk to dawn 4X32 and it is pretty clear for a cheap scope.

On a side note my 7mm rem mag at 100 yards was putting bullets in the same hole! Man do i love that gun!

U29654 6308 PROSTAFF 2-7X32 SHOTGUN MATTE $112.69
http://www.ultout.com/nikon-optics.htm
Finish: Matte
Actual Magnification: 2x-7x
Objective Diameter : 32mm
Exit Pupil (mm): 16.4.6
Eye Relief (in): 3.9-3.8
FOV@ 75 yds (ft0: 33.4-9.5@75 yds
Tube Diameter: 1 in
Objective Tube (mm/in): 39.3/1.55
Eyepiece O.D. (mm): 39.3
Length (in): 11.2
Weight (oz): 12
Adjustment Gradation: 1/4 MOA
Max Internal Adjustment: 80 MOA
Parallax Setting (yds): 75

6308_180.jpg

I don't own one but I've yet to read any complaints from several people that do.

prostreetcamaro said:
I was thinking $250 or less. For the most part the gun will be used for hunting only. Honestly most of my shots tend to be 70 yards or less because I mainly hunt in the woods but I do have 1 spot that may give me longer shots. I was thinking a leupold VX-I or a Nikon pro staff? Then again that omega scope with the extra rets might be nice? I will have to think about this I guess.

The scope thats on it is a bushnell dusk to dawn 4X32 and it is pretty clear for a cheap scope.

On a side note my 7mm rem mag at 100 yards was putting bullets in the same hole! Man do i love that gun!

That's easy then. Elite 3200 3-9X40. It's got raingaurd so it won't fog when you need it. I had a 2-7 3200 that was a darn good scope. I just wish it had been 3-9 but it had originally been for my wife and she didn't like it so she went back to open sights.

I put a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 with their L-250 ballistic reticle on my Elite. Cost me $250 which was $20 more than I paid for the gun. Worth every penny so far. I am going to the range today to finsh ringing it out at long range and try a couple different bullet weights.

Patrick White said:
prostreetcamaro said:

That's easy then. Elite 3200 3-9X40. It's got raingaurd so it won't fog when you need it. I had a 2-7 3200 that was a darn good scope. I just wish it had been 3-9 but it had originally been for my wife and she didn't like it so she went back to open sights.

That looks like a very nice scope. Just curious what the numbers on the front are for? It looks like you can turn the front to change something?

That one has an adjustable objective for adjusting paralax. The regular 3-9X40 doesn't. It looks like the one I linked to.

+1 for the elite 3200

I have one (and a 4200), my brother has two, and we couldn't be happier with them.

Latest posts

Back