FedEx Photo ID

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBG

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Received a rifle from Knight today and FedEx required a signature, which they've been doing, and then they took a photo of my state DL. The photo is a new requirement in my area.

Tried searching MML and TMF but didn't find any info. Just curious if anyone knows when this began and if it's a nationwide requirement?

I guess it took a little time to implement the new system and I'm not surprised it got to me last. Even with GPS, FedEx/UPS has difficulty finding my cabin, unless I post direction signs on the one lane dirt roads for the last three miles or so. U.S. mail doesn't even deliver here. I have to drive to my mailbox cause it would take too long to walk.

I guess it took a little time to implement the new system and I'm not surprised it got to me last. Even with GPS, FedEx/UPS has difficulty finding my cabin, unless I post direction signs on the one lane dirt roads for the last three miles or so. U.S. mail doesn't even deliver here. I have to drive to my mailbox cause it would take too long to walk.
Sounds like paradise to me!

Actually, I think that shippers SHOULD require a signature to deliver. What with all this porch pirate crap that has been a plague in recent years, in spite of the cameras, if noone is there to immediately take the package the camera does little ....gone is gone.... even if someone is identified.

Does anyone know how many FedEx employees now have access to your personal info with that company policy? I would have no problem showing my ID, but giving them a copy, forget it, send it back. If some of you are willing to let them copy your ID, I would recommend redacting your DL number and day and month of your BD.

Does anyone know how many FedEx employees now have access to your personal info with that company policy? I would have no problem showing my ID, but giving them a copy, forget it, send it back. If some of you are willing to let them copy your ID, I would recommend redacting your DL number and day and month of your BD.
I am riding in the truck with you on this. I don't accept any pkg. that i have to allow a Shipper to have a photo of my DL. I also closed my Discover card acct. because of their snitching to the Feds. !

I am riding in the truck with you on this. I don't accept any pkg. that i have to allow a Shipper to have a photo of my DL. I also closed my Discover card acct. because of their snitching to the Feds. !
I am pretty sure that Discover was just the last major card company to sign on. Thats why the big press coverage. The other companies had already been doing it.

Actually, I think that shippers SHOULD require a signature to deliver. What with all this porch pirate crap that has been a plague in recent years, in spite of the cameras, if noone is there to immediately take the package the camera does little ....gone is gone.... even if someone is identified.
Which is fine, IF you don't work during the day, OR have a wife that is willing to stay home the entire day to sign for the package. Maybe we should have all signature required packages delivered after 5 so most of us who still work can get them!!!!

I had a gun delivered by UPS .I was home and could see the truck pull up so I went to the door to sign for it the driver brought the gun to the door and when I opened the door he looked surprised and said I hope you don't mind but I signed your name . Hell yes I mind and he don't deliver here anymore

I am not ok with having to give a copy of my license or any other firm information, but I am just fine with a human being actually there to accept whatever package.... just to be clear.

I had a gun delivered by UPS .I was home and could see the truck pull up so I went to the door to sign for it the driver brought the gun to the door and when I opened the door he looked surprised and said I hope you don't mind but I signed your name . Hell yes I mind and he don't deliver here anymore
Deliverers signing for packages became the norm during Covid. Some folks think we're still in the Pandemic.

Walt

It's my understanding that one is required by the USPS for anything insured for $500 or more.

Walt

Which is fine, IF you don't work during the day, OR have a wife that is willing to stay home the entire day to sign for the package. Maybe we should have all signature required packages delivered after 5 so most of us who still work can get them!!!!

I've had them show up after five. Not very often though. It depends on the route and how busy they are. OR, it could have been they didn't find my package until later in the day and had to come back.

Walt

I use a PenFed card for gun purchases. It's the same one you can get through the NRA. I figured they'd be less likely to report it to anyone.

Walt

anybody that thinks the government doesn't know EVERYTHING we buy with our cards is living in a dream world . it's been that way for a long time . and i dang sure ain't lettin g a delivery person take a pic of my DL !

I totally agree with Fishawk’s post #9.
Black out the essential numbers /info.

I scanned a copy of DL and redacted the essentials. Cut it to size then laminated it.
I ask the person wanting the info how safe /secure is my info. I get the reply “Oh yes, secure”.
Then I tell them if anything happens or my info is hacked from server I’ll come looking for you. (Well not really LOL)

BTW I remember the Patriot Act of years ago required delivery ID’s.

Back