Extended range session Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontier gander said:
thats weird. i haven't experienced any carbon build up yet in my accuras BP with bh209. I figured after 20 shots i would have felt some. But thats a good thing i guess! If it aint broke, im not fixing it :lol:

great shooting. That 45 Accura seems to be a real winner.

I think its because it is a 45 and pressures run a bit higher than a 50cal with the same bullet weight and/or powder charge. Some of my 40cals are 220, 250 and 260gr, pretty heavy for 40/45 sabots. Pretty close to many 50cal loads but from a smaller bore.

Plus several of my range days last for 3 hours plus even in cruddy weather. :D My WinApex doesnt seem as bad either about flash channel build up but it did get more blowby. :?: The 3+ years ive owned it i only used a torch pic and a small brush in the bp and it never hang fired once.

GM54-120-----I am alittle lost on this carbon build up and blowby, can you or anyone explain this out, I have read this over and over and am still not really understanding. Are we talking about the carbon buildup in front of the breach plug? Where is this blowby at? I do not use BH209 so how much difference is there between this and 777? Thanks

I now shoot a Omega but am looking at one of these Accuras, some great info here.

badlander said:
GM54-120-----I am alittle lost on this carbon build up and blowby, can you or anyone explain this out, I have read this over and over and am still not really understanding. Are we talking about the carbon buildup in front of the breach plug? Where is this blowby at? I do not use BH209 so how much difference is there between this and 777? Thanks

I now shoot a Omega but am looking at one of these Accuras, some great info here.

Blowby is actually very good in the Accura. Some of us are just a bit anal and always feel it can be better or totally eliminated. The correct BP mod can do this but it isnt required. Most guys are very happy with theirs and no mods.

I do prefer the larger flash hole and flash channel mod though for ignition. It is much better if you use BH209. Using T7 the factory CVA plug is just fine.

You can even shoot BH209 just fine but keep a torch pic and the proper sized drill bit handy to keep the BP clean. Using the modded plug i can shoot all day without cleaning the channel but i still make sure the hole is clear out of habit.

My WinApex uses the same plug and HAD more blowby than i liked. The only reason i did the mod was i could use it in 2 guns and accomplish different objectives in both.

Hope this helps because the Accura is a fine gun just the way it comes from the factory.

Scott

Latest posts

Back