Endeavor - Where do I start?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
I have an Endeavor barrel and stock set on the way (Hardwoods/Thumbhole) for my Pro-Hunter. Hopefully it will be here this week. What I was wanting to know is where to start with a load. It's basically the same system as the Triumph so I was wondering if the 250gr. shockwave and the Harvester short black sabot would perform as well in the Endeavor as it has been for everyone with a Triumph. I'll be shooting BH209. I am also shooting the same combination in my Omega. Any input will be appreciated.

It sounds to me like you have it figured out. I would use the 250 grain Shockwaves and then start with 100 grains of the BH209 and work up from there. I will bet that the rifle shoots that combination real well. Keep us posted with your results.

Thanks, I hope I get to shoot it this weekend. I'll give a report when I get the chance. I would assume that the barrel for the Omega, Triumph and the endeavor are the same. Right? That's why i was thinking the same sabot/bullet combination would work. I think I will try powder combinations from 100gr. up to 120gr. and maybe try some 200gr. shockwaves and see how they do.

My Encore shoots the SW 250 very well with 100 & 150 grains (pyro Pelletts)
I have not shot my BH 209 yet.
Good luck

A lot of what you end up with has got to do with what you are looking for,
I polished the barrel mounted and sighted the scope for a fellow member of our club; shot 3 poker chips at 100 yds to show him how well it shot and that it was sighted the way he ask for and tried to give him a list of loads to try. He looked at me like he thought I was losing it, and said if this load hits poker chips at 100yds then that's the only load that will ever be shot in it. Lee

110g b209 250sst hph12 shoot pretty good in my endeavor,i tried the short black harvester sabots, but they loaded alot harder, and didnt shoot any better. posted range report on huntingnet

revpilot,

I saw your report on huntingnet. Did the harvester sabots shoot as good as the hph12? I have a bunch of them and would really like to use them. Do you plan to try any of the 200gr. shockwaves in the blue sabot.

I used the supplied black sabots that came with the sst. Im trying to find out excatly what they are. I was under the impression they were hph12, but ive seen on other sites they are hph24, so ive been trying to get a straight answer from hornady with no luck yet. I did shoot with the harvester shorts, and it was alot harder to load them, and it didnt shoot any better.

From the measurments posted on the sticky here a 250gsst with a hph12 should be .506-.507, and short harvester .503-.504, so you would think the HSB would load alot easier but it didnt.

revpilot
They are MMP-HPH24, all you have to do to check that is mike the petals . and check the shape inside the base. Lee

Hey Lee,

My son has a Triumph and when trying to the SSTs with the supplied sabots, he cannot get it down the bore. He has bent his rod out of shape already. Using the Harvester Short Black Sabots, it is a snug fit in his bore but they do go down a lot easier than the factory supplied sabots. Based on our experience, it would seem that the factory supplied sabots would be the 12s as the 24s are supposed to be the same diameter as the short blacks.

Just our experience.

Ben

I guess i need to buy a micrometer, because this is driving my crazy. I think half the boxes i bought have hph12s and the other half has the 24s.

revpilot said:
I guess i need to buy a micrometer, because this is driving my crazy. I think half the boxes i bought have hph12s and the other half has the 24s.

Someone might have had some old stock mixed in with new stock. Check the bullets and see if the have a hard tip or the new flex tip. Hard tips were packed wih the HPH 12 and the flex tip are packed with the HPH 24

DC

Well, I found out yesterday that my Endeavor will not be in untill next Wednesday. :cry: Oh well, Bow season starts this weekend so i guess i'll have to go hunting Saturday morning instead of shooting my new gun. I'll let you guys know how the hunt goes. I have a lot of good sign in my food plots. I'll be happy with a big ole doe. Any kill with a bow is a good kill.

If your shoots as good as mine, it will only take a few shots to get it ready........... :roll: :lol:

I still have some time. Our early blackpowder season doesn't open untill Nov. 21 and goes through the 23. It will just get harder to get to the range now that bow season is starting. As soon as I get the chance to shoot it I'll try to give a report.

Yes i know, ive been bowhnting in the morning and evenings and sneaking to the range in the middle of the day. I still have a few shotguns to get ready for slug season. I will pass along any new recipes for the endeavor..........

Thanks, I would appreciate that. What slug guns are you shooting? I just bought a new H&R Ultra slug hunter 20 ga. and put a 2x7 - 32 Nikon Pro-Staff scope on it. I plan on shooting the Hornady SST slug in it. I hope it shoots as good as everyone says.

have a hr ultra 20g to, sighted it in with lightfields, didnt shoot ssts very good, shot the buckhammers good 2. I also shoot the lightfields in the 1187

I have the same Ultra 20. It hated the Hornady SSTs. Shoots Lightfields and Winchester Partition Golds fantastic. :wink:

I have a T/C pro hunter in 20 gauge slug that placed the Federal 20 gauge 3 inch Barnes in a 1 1/2 inch group at 100 yards.

The "bad" news is they cost $16.43 a box.

Chocodg

Back