Earlier Knight rifles in .45 cal????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you can find the HAP instead of the XTP. Usually cheaper but need to buy larger amount. Its the action pistol version of the XTP without slits for expansion.

I have one of those wolverine 209 with the contoured barrel in 45. I have shot many deer with that gun. I shot 3 50gr pyrodex pellets with a saboted barnes 195 gr. It really shot that combination well. I bought mine directly from knight through the hunter safety instructor program when they first came out.

FWIW and moving in the opposite direction of use,

I have a .45 Wolverine, think it was just over $100 online. I was considering a high power .45 PCP air rifle when I came across the Knight on sale. Since it cost 10X less than the PCP, totally outclassed the air gun's ballistics, still had "variable power settings", and my intended purpose was yard and garden pest/varmint control, I decided to try the Wolverine.

I started testing PRBs and very light loads (15-30 grnsV Pyrodex) trying to approximate the high-power setting on the PCP. With 209 primers 'groups' were hand size at 20 yards. After several tries with RBs and FPJs, I switched to #11 cap ignition. Twenty-five yard groups became a single hole and I'm comfortable with PRBs out to 50 yards. It has a very low sound level for a firearm too.

Latest posts

Back