Does anyone have a good sabot setup for the CVA Accura?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been shooting my new MR-X and have been having a challenging time getting good groups with both the T/C cheap shots and Hornady XTP bullets in the included green sabot. They fit super tight in the bore and produce about a 4 inch group at 100.

Today I decided to try some power belts and WOW my 100 yard group shrunk from 4 inches to one inch and with no fliers.

Obviously the gun likes these bullets but I would like to have a less expensive load that works well with the gun. Should I try some harvester sabots with those XTP bullets? Any other recommendations? Are there any other conicals out there that are under $1 per shot?

Anyone have an Accura that likes sabots? If so what’s your setup?
My MR-X .45 like the .400 XTP bullet and the harvester Blue sabot loads allot easier and shoot 3/4 inch groups at 100 all day long with 80 grns of Shooters world Black. You will love the powder

My MR-X .45 like the .400 XTP bullet and the harvester Blue sabot loads allot easier and shoot 3/4 inch groups at 100 all day long with 80 grns of Shooters world Black. You will love the powder
My 45 Optima loves the 200 gr .400XTPs in a crushrib blue sabot over
90 grs of T7 ff….bullet holes touching at 50yds…I have a Sheels 40 mi away. I’m going to try Shooters World powder.

My 45 Optima loves the 200 gr .400XTPs in a crushrib blue sabot over
90 grs of T7 ff….bullet holes touching at 50yds…I have a Sheels 40 mi away. I’m going to try Shooters World powder.
let me know your thoughts. I have just shot it this fall and now it is my go too. They have the Hunter pellets on sale for 19.99 per 100 I bought a can but have not tried them. I am sold on this new to me loose powder. At this price who needs BH 209

For what it's worth, I noticed better accuracy when using loose powder over pellets, but it can take some experimenting to find the right amount of powder. I noticed less is better most of the time.

I haven't read all the replies but when I had an inline it liked xtp magnums with the black sabot better than anything
I've been using the xtp 240s for years and I've never had any problems with em!

8 rifles I've shot this load in it is become my accuracy initial trial load every Acura 50 cal Mr I have put this in it is shot less than an inch several guns have been a quarter and a half inch three shot groups it is my own accuracy load 70 grains by weight of Blackhorn a harvester black sabot and Fury 250 ether startip or blacktip,,, this is my desert island bullet by the way and the truth known if I had to take a rifle with it it would probably be a CVA Acura Mr I've got a lot of custom guns so to me that says a lot.

let me know your thoughts. I have just shot it this fall and now it is my go too. They have the Hunter pellets on sale for 19.99 per 100 I bought a can but have not tried them. I am sold on this new to me loose powder. At this price who needs BH 209
Im going to need some nicer weather to give Shooters a try…this may take a couple weeks…

Back