Display case

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had M1 in Basic training 1963 ,have loved them ever since . Have a CMP M1 I got a few years back shoots great.M1 (1).jpg

been there also, I was there as the M1 was about to be phased out, fired the M14 for about a week before left basic

If you ever need any work on the M1 or any rifle James River Arsenal does great work. The totally re furbished me brothers M1, new stocks, added the correct markings, new barrel and parkerized everything that should have been for $700. Looks new.

I got my M1 through the Civilian Markmanship program. I think it is an H&R. Paid $165 I think. Fine rifles.

Love hearing you all talk about basic and such, i figured my number was up on my 18th birthday so went to enlist,i got a letter of 4f never knew why and at the time i was told they would take anyone that could carry a rifle,it was right at the time they stopped the draft during Vietnam. My city was a small town then and nothing to do but get in trouble most of the time figured i needed some Sargent to give me hell and streighten me out! But i always like the looks of the M1 wished i had me one,never got to shoot one.Thanks for your service!!!

Amazing how this turned into a discussion about WWII rifles. I think this is about my LAST contribution to this forum.

since I started this I am leaving and will never return, thanks to Jon and all my friends, be safe.

Amazing how this turned into a discussion about WWII rifles. I think this is about my LAST contribution to this forum.

There are a lot of stupid people on all of the forums. The MLF is really full of them. Dont be discurraged. About idiots getting off the topic. You cant get rid of them. And the powers to be will not be helpfull.

since I started this I am leaving and will never return, thanks to Jon and all my friends, be safe.
org57, Not your fault and don't leave. This is part of the Great nation we live in(so far)>Freedom of Speech and ideas.
Besides, I'll miss seeing that gorgeous '57 Chevy:coffee:

did not mean to upset any one. I was a member here for many months. I even sent JON my CVA so he could make a video for this site on how to clean a smoke pole and the he sighted it in . Sorry again for all the misunderstanding so like that OL SOLDIER, I WILL JUST FADE AWAY. Stay safe and may all you aims be dead center.

Attachments

• 100_6741.JPG
    100_6741.JPG
    776.6 KB · Views: 6
  • a3b9_7.jpg
    a3b9_7.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 6
did not mean to upset any one. I was a member here for many months. I even sent JON my CVA so he could make a video for this site on how to clean a smoke pole and the he sighted it in . Sorry again for all the misunderstanding so like that OL SOLDIER, I WILL JUST FADE AWAY. Stay safe and may all you aims be dead center.
Stick around. We have something in common. I sent this '57 to New Zealand a few back and made most of the furniture in my house from Beatle-kill pine so kinda on topic? Mosssie

Attachments

• 57 Chevy.jpg
    57 Chevy.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 1
Stick around. We have something in common. I sent this '57 to New Zealand a few back and made most of the furniture in my house from Beatle-kill pine so kinda on topic? Mosssie
I had one just like yours, black but it was a 2 door post. Seems to me that the '57 Chevy is the classic of classics!! I kick myself for selling that car very often. Also built a workbench for the guys knife forging grinder out of 2x4's and 3/4" marine grade plywood. Came out better than I thought.

This car was all original metal. Never wrecked, I was second owner, put original color back on (Matador Red), 283 power pak, original power steering, lowered 2", ran great, won over 3oo best of show and Mayor's choice trophies. Sold it for $50,000.

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 0
  • 57chevy 001.jpg
    57chevy 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 57chevy 006.jpg
    57chevy 006.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 1
If anyone hears from Jon, tell him I tried to call him but no answer, thanks.

Back