Sabotless bullet alignment tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeeter

Ontariario
Reaction score
I seem to be getting a little softer in my old age and decided to make use of the brake that came with my converted Scout .45 -70. Initially I was using this without the brake and never had any real issues with that but I thought I 'd try it with the brake , the only problem was going to be with loading.
I had made a loading funnel out of a 45-70 casing that was drilled thru and it was OK for the powder charge and wad but I wanted something to help with bullet alignment and I rummaged thru my parts bin and came up with a bullet holder that grasps the bullet securely to start in the muzzle of the barrel and then released once in place.
It's made completely out of brass, the bolt/nut and .45 acp and 9mm casings are drilled the threaded to accept the bolt, once the bullet is fitted in the 45 casing the bolt is tightened until the 9mm plunger pushes the bullet out of the larger 45 casing .
Pics may better explain the procedure.

zFjMLgc.jpg

7Qj9bCe.jpg

zp3GwVT.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to getting a little softer in my old age and decided to make use of the brake that came with my converted Scout .45 -70. Initially I was using this without the brake and never had any real issues with that but I thought I 'd try it with the brake , the only problem was going to be with loading.
I had made a loading funnel out of a 45-70 casing that was drilled thru and it was OK for the powder charge and wad but I wanted something to help with bullet alignment and I rummaged thru my parts bin and came up with a bullet holder that grasps the bullet securely to start in the muzzle of the barrel and then released once in place.
It's made completely out of brass, the bolt/nut and .45 acp and 9mm casings are drilled the threaded to accept the bolt, once the bullet is fitted in the 45 casing the bolt is tightened until the 9mm plunger pushes the bullet out of the larger 45 casing .
Pics may better explain the procedure.

zFjMLgc.jpg

7Qj9bCe.jpg

zp3GwVT.jpg
Just a thought......
Maybe fit it to your ramrod.

Latest posts

Back