Disc Extream first test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wayles
a 200 gr Shock Wave and 120[vol] of BH209. The way it smacks the 240 yd gong forces me to waste amunition. Lee

thanks

Vabowhntr
Thanks for the information. That seems way faster than advertised. One of the mathamaticians might be able to help. If some one knew the BC of the 200 gr shock wave the drop at 200 yds is 5.5 in. 2450 fps would be the equivilent of a .308 shooting a 200 gr bullet approx.
Wayles

I only have a real old beat up Crony it may not be real accurate but for what its worth I am getting an average of real close to 2255 Fps. Lee

Lee 9

Im' bettin your real close. Thats still smokin!!
Thanks
Wayles

Re: thanks

wayles said:
Vabowhntr
Thanks for the information. That seems way faster than advertised. One of the mathamaticians might be able to help. If some one knew the BC of the 200 gr shock wave the drop at 200 yds is 5.5 in. 2450 fps would be the equivilent of a .308 shooting a 200 gr bullet approx.
Wayles

Yea

They only "Advertise" the 50cal specs.

The real speed pay-off is in the 45cal :wink:

According to Nimrod, 2450fps with 120g BH and a 200g Shockwave/SST is the real deal :shock: :wink: 8)

I agree, with the increased performace with the .45 with the same powder charge I bet you are doing a little better than with the .50 cal as far as speed.

And, yes, the speed NimrodRX was getting was amazing, but I believe others on here have gotten close with max charges of t7 in their Omega's.

Even if you are getting "only" 2300 fps, that sure beats the ole 30-30!

BTW, with the BC of the 200 gr SW (.26), zeroed at 100 yards, the bullet should be just under 6" low at 200 yards with a muzl vel of 2450fps, with a scope height of 1.5" and 80 deg at 1000 ft above sea level. Of course that is just what the program says...YMMV. Don't forget the 6+ inches of wind drift in a 10 MPH crosswind, though.

MPBR for a six inch kill zone is 233 yards with that load. Sure wish I had one of those in .45....

velocity

Vabowhntr..... if your calculations are right it is going 2450 at least because the actual drop is 5 to 6 inches at 200 yards . Wow !!! We reeeally need a bonded 200 gr shock wave.{{Hornady or TC are you listeneing}} Of course witha poly tip [No rubber} In my opinion the rubber has to be vibrating and moving all over the place,can't be good.
Wayles

Latest posts

Back