Dirty laundry and blinds

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard of guys pissin in their areas so the bear get used to that. Seems weird to me but I think Jester a shirt is a good idea. We did that with our babies to get the dog used to the new smell before they came home from the hospital. Has to work for other animals too! I'd try to get the shirt in the air too and secure in a way that in moves around in the breeze so they get conditioned to motion as well.

Good luck,
Jono

OK so i'm off-topic on bears, but... Bear hunting in spring is nasty with mosquitoes - i don't like looking thru a net, but i am certain bear would smell deet. So, i put deet drops in a few places near my bait-barrel, and added deet to these places each time i dropped more bait in the barrel. While hunting i used deet to keep the mosquitoes at bay. I try to hunt the winds properly, but one time i felt the wind on the back of my neck while a bear was at the bait. He stopped feeding, turned, and looked right at me. THEN he walked over to the place i had put deet drops and smelled it. He recognized the smell, knew he had smelled it before, and knew where he had smelled. He was comfortable again, and went right back to feeding ... and i avoided getting busted. For just that one time, i was smarter than a bear :lol:

well i have started the air out of the daily work shirt as muzzle loader came to close a today. i have a bit before early doe rifle opens up so i thought i would try it out.

Back