Deposit Down for a NULA Have Questions!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told 6 months about 2 weeks ago when i ordered mine. I was hoping for at least getting it by sometime in September, which is eight months. I hope! :shock:

Melvin also told me that he won't use stainless anymore. I am not sure if he meant just for a muzzleloader or for all of his guns.?

ohboy said:
Grouse

I been calling from 6 months till now and mel has the same response that they are working on it and he will give me a call when it is ready.

Ya'll are too nice. All I can say is if you PROMISED delivery within 6 months..you would DELIVER it by then or I'd get a refund...it's as simple as that! I'd be willing to fudge maybe an extra two weeks but that is IT!

No excuse for that!

I agree, maybe even $10. a day off the price if longer than the time stated! :think:

Nula

I ordered at the end of Dec. and was promised delivery the end of June, now I am wondering if it will happen ,guess I will have to wait and see.
Charlie

Wow lots of orders here! Making me nervous as well.

Big6X6 you are right! When a deadline is promised for this kind of money it should be delivered on time!

Nonetheless, look forward to my NULA! :D

all ula's have a money back guarentee, if you are not satisfied return within 30 days and it will be refunded. i have bought well over 25 rifles from mel; he makes the best rifle in the world but his time lines are a little off. i will say that of all the rifles i had made i was impressed with each and everyone. i have 2- 209's and one is a stainless bbl .50 cal and a blued .45 and had no problems at all. i think the stainless bbl is tough to come by and adds more wait time and he just wants to limit your choice. if you tell him you want stainless, you will get stainless. bbls are are the only think that mel and i part ways on. he like douglass bbls and my record for these bbls is poor accuracy for centerfires in about 60% (my ruler for accuracy is multiple loads < or = to .5 MOA) . douglass muzzle bbls have been great!! (.75 or better). so on my centerfire and rimfire rifles i have him use hart centerfire and lilja rimfire bbls and my record has been 100%. these are my findings and don't want to insult anyone if you like douglassbbls. long story short if you want to play the custom rifle game you put up with late turn over dates, if you want it on demand, go to gander mountain. i will tell you, mel is a brilliant rifle maker, i feel his guns are second to known and i have had the pleasure to have many of the big name custom rifles (jarrett, rifles inc, borden, garrett acculite ect) you will not find a finer hunting rifle period. each action and stock has been designed and built by this little WV shop. after you carry one of these rifles all day in an atmosphere that has less o2 than canned mason jar and then put a bullet in kill zone of an animal at a longer range than you should talk about , all of that time waiting will be worth it!!! you guys that have your first rifle ordered, you are starting a wonderful shooting/hunting journey that will continue on to become an obsession. congrats and enjoy!!! Gary U

long story short if you want to play the custom rifle game you put up with late turn over dates, if you want it on demand, go to gander mountain.

How much better to say.."Wait on a new rifle right now is 12 months" and have it ready in 9 months? Then you are a HERO! But to say it'll be ready in 6 months only to have it ready in 8, 9, 10, 12 months...no excuse, especially when you KNOW there is NO WAY it will be ready in 6 months...

I AGREE he makes an EXCELLENT rifle!

I use the supplied MMP sabot in all my guns when Parker BE's are in question.

Latest posts

Back