Del Ramsey/MMP sabots...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I was under the impression that the short black sabot would not withstand the pressures of smokeless. I see this was my error. Del, Randy, Chuck, thanks for the clarification.

RAZORBACK,

I saw in a post on another board recently that someone said that they had talked to you on this subject.

HPH-12s come with SSTs.
HPH-24s come with Shockwaves.

Is this correct? Thanks for your input and great products.

black3

mmpguide.jpg

IndianaHunter said:
I guess I was under the impression that the short black sabot would not withstand the pressures of smokeless. I see this was my error. Del, Randy, Chuck, thanks for the clarification.
Pat,
I used the short black exclusively until the last year or possibly 2. The HPH12 seems to do slightly better for me with 300SSTs than the short black. The short black equals the HPH12 for me with all 250SST loads and is the better choice for my gun I think in most cases with that bullet. It can easily handle 45-46g VV-110 in 50 degree or less temp and even in 70+ temps if enough time between shots is allowed. That's tough! The HPH12 will handle even greater loads. I do not routinely shoot that high of pressure load. The load, that you're familiar with, that I do shoot with 250SST presents no problem with the 250SST/short sabot even in the summer. I actually find little accuracy difference between the 2 sabots except with the 300SST.
Steve

Del or Randy,

Which sabot, HPH-12 or HPH-24 comes with the SSTs?

black3

HPH-12 on SST's, HPH-24's on Shockwaves unless there has been another change. :?

Thank you for the selection guide. It is a great selection tool for us "newbies"!
Swamphunter

Back