CVA warranty

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobRed

Reaction score
Today I decided to contact CVA about some workmanship issues on my Acura MRX. The gun has a fore grip and barrel misalignment problem, the new guns appear to be sorted out and I have seen photos of examples that look great.

So far they have offered to take a look if I ship them the gun, I hate to do this but I'm happy to work with them if they stand behind their products. I love the gun so I hope this is an easy fix.

Anybody have experience working with them on warranty issues?

Last edited:
In 2019 (I think) I had an issue with a optima V2. They corrected the problem promptly and even threw in a few goodies, nothing big, I think some stickers and a hat or something like that. I called them a couple times with a few questions before I sent the rifle back and always got to a knowledgeable representative. There was a post a bit ago on here about someone sending back a new accura, if I remember correctly that person did not have the same experience that I did. Good luck.

Yeah, I sent my MR-X back to address the barrel having a choke in it (making it nearly impossible to use any full diameter bullet other than those that have plastic skirts). They got it, ran a power belt down the barrel and then sent it back stating that “power belt slid down barrel with consistent pressure”. And also sent me a pack of ELRs the problem is I don’t want to use powerbelts

Yeah, I sent my MR-X back to address the barrel having a choke in it (making it nearly impossible to use any full diameter bullet other than those that have plastic skirts). They got it, ran a power belt down the barrel and then sent it back stating that “power belt slid down barrel with consistent pressure”. And also sent me a pack of ELRs the problem is I don’t want to use powerbelts
Yea hard to blame you at all there. If I had to use exclusively power belts to get accurate results, I'd not be real happy. I shoot a fair amount, with the prices on powder and primers, the last thing I would want is $1+ bullets, that weren't what I wanted to shoot.

.45 or .50? My .50 has a really nice barrel.

My experience with CVA was good. I bought an Optima and couldn’t get it to shoot worth beans. I remounted the scope, tried BH209, 777, and Pyrodex, 3 kinds of primers, regular and loose powder breech plugs, and a variety of bullets. Easily sank a couple hundred bucks trying to find anything that would group better than 4 inches at 50 yards.

I sent it to CVA for warranty work and they sent back a new Accura. New gun makes a ragged hole at 50 yards with several different loads and cleanly dropped two deer so far this year.

My experience with CVA was good. I bought an Optima and couldn’t get it to shoot worth beans. I remounted the scope, tried BH209, 777, and Pyrodex, 3 kinds of primers, regular and loose powder breech plugs, and a variety of bullets. Easily sank a couple hundred bucks trying to find anything that would group better than 4 inches at 50 yards.

I sent it to CVA for warranty work and they sent back a new Accura. New gun makes a ragged hole at 50 yards with several different loads and cleanly dropped two deer so far this year.

That’s good to hear, I’m holding off on giving a full update until all is said and done. But so far it’s going well! CVA has been great to deal with so far.

Around 2013 my SIL and I both purchased new CVA Accura Mountain Rifles. Both had the new special coating on the Barrel and receiver. Both shot lights out. But the special coating after about a year began to chip and come off around the muzzle and breech. I contacted CVA and they said to send them back which I did. They sent us two new CVA Accura V2 rifles with no questions asked.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 1
A little update.

After calling CVA to talk to someone about the issues (I got right through to someone that could help). They recommended I avoid the hassle of sending in the gun and that they simply ship new parts to me to correct the issue.

After sending in some photos they shipped new furniture for the gun. Haven’t received it yet but they were confident it would solve the problem.

It’s certainly not a free for all where they will fix any little inconsistency, these guns are not high end hand finished pieces (he explained some of the tolerances they manufacture to) but really easy to deal with, and took ownership of the issue. Once I get the new parts in I will report back on the fit.

that sounds acceptable so far . keep us updated .
my 50 MRX arived yesterday from MidwayUSA and the forearm looks good to my eye .
i hope to sight it in next week .
1671718554076.png

that sounds acceptable so far . keep us updated .
my 50 MRX arived yesterday from MidwayUSA and the forearm looks good to my eye .
i hope to sight it in next week .

For what its worth on the right load and bullet I am getting 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards. Even with the funky fore grip making barrel contact it's still a great shooter even though I'm not ;).

thanks , thats very encouraging rob :) do keep in mide these barrels aren't (IMO) truly free floating because of the block welded to the bottom of the barrell for the forearm lever to attach to . will be interesting to see if your replacement forearm changes your group size or POI .

thanks , thats very encouraging rob :) do keep in mide these barrels aren't (IMO) truly free floating because of the block welded to the bottom of the barrell for the forearm lever to attach to . will be interesting to see if your replacement forearm changes your group size or POI .

I'll for sure do some testing

New furniture came in and it fits great. The barrel gap problem is solved!

Kudos to CVA on a great response.

On another note, I also got a Thor sizing pack in today and found that a .501 bullet is a perfect fit and the barrel is consistent from muzzle to breach. I see zero issue using bore sized bullets in this rig.

Now that this minor problem is behind me I’m pumped to go do some shooting from the bench.

Latest posts

Back